• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cat 12.4 driver issues with eyefinity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tas

Gday all

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have just installed the new 12.4 drivers for my power color 6990. Now I cant get eyefinity to work on my 3x 27" screens. It gets as far as duplicate mode, then when I select "create group" it asks me to set 3x1 or whatever, an just flashes the screen black when I hit accept for a second an comes back to duplicate mode.

I rolled drivers back to 12.3, an eyefinity mode worked again. But this morning I started up an had issues, it says I didn't have a ati driver installed. So I reinstalled drivers, an had a "pagefile" crash error.

So then I reinstalled 12.3 driver pack an it all worked. But now I cant get eyefinity to work on either driver pack :(.

I made sure the "primary screen" is the DVI one. an my two other screens are both display ports as they should be.

I am wondering now why it is, if anyone els is having this issue.

Hopefully someone understands what I am doing, an can help :)

cheers lads.

Gday all

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have just installed the new 12.4 drivers for my power color 6990. Now I cant get eyefinity to work on my 3x 27" screens. It gets as far as duplicate mode, then when I select "create group" it asks me to set 3x1 or whatever, an just flashes the screen black when I hit accept for a second an comes back to duplicate mode.

I rolled drivers back to 12.3, an eyefinity mode worked again. But this morning I started up an had issues, it says I didn't have a ati driver installed. So I reinstalled drivers, an had a "pagefile" crash error.

So then I reinstalled 12.3 driver pack an it all worked. But now I cant get eyefinity to work on either driver pack :(.

I made sure the "primary screen" is the DVI one. an my two other screens are both display ports as they should be.

I am wondering now why it is, if anyone els is having this issue.

Hopefully someone understands what I am doing, an can help :)

cheers lads.

Hi there.
I have an eyefinity setup too (3x 23" 1080P).
I have a 6970, however...so not as likely to have problems like a dual-gpu with new drivers.

Everything was working great on 12.3.
I decided to try 12.4 because it said that it fixes screen tearing on the third monitor.

However I started having problems right away.
I had the same one as you, plus others.

I've read that people usually do a driver sweep after uninstalling drivers, so I'm going to try that.
Otherwise if that doesn't work, I guess i'll have to reinstall windows again.

Hopefully somebody else recommends something. Otherwise I'll try the driver sweep thing tomorrow and let you know how that goes.

yer I am having problems, I followed this guy
vid on setting it up. an I got it working in a round about way. But it still wont let me arrange desktop or access besel compensation, because it just flashes black screen a few times an does nothing, then tell me my monitor resolution an displays are not same. Well thats impossible, as all three screens are Asus 27" lol.

It has to be a driver issue, because 48 hours ago, it worked fine.

I was having problems on 12.3 and 12.4. I could manage to get it working for 3 or four days, and then it would revert back to duplicate mode. I discovered (at least in my case) that it was Windows messing with things.
Try going into your screen resolution settings (within windows) and set the multiple displays drop down to only show on 1. Once you have it down to a single display, go try and set up your Eyefinity group. This has worked for me twice thus far.

yer thanks mate, I eventually got it working followign that vid i linked, but it is still having problems because if I try to "arrange" or create a group it just flashes back to duplicate mode. What I did was change the res to as the guy says " make it think its one large display". Only downside is I cant arrange or run bezel correction.

It's weird because before I installed that 12.4 rubbish I just spent 5 seconds an ban EYEFINITY MODE.

I assume the drivers have screwed up something major. But I refuse to reinstall windows. I am a little annoyed with it, sicne I threw away my Nvidia card because of their substandard drivers (deep frying peoples PC's).... I expected more off ATI :)

Apologies, I should have been clearer in my previous post. I believe I was having the same problem. When I tried to create an Eyefinity group, my screens would just flash and CCC reported that Eyefinity group creation was completed without giving me the option to arrange, yet I still had duplicate desktops. When I would click the “Identify” button, it would display 1 on all three screens. I have tried many different solutions up to and including driver sweeping and reinstalling. At one point I even came across the video that you linked to, however nothing seemed to work. After much forum searching and gnashing of teeth, I have found that the solution mentioned in my previous post is the only one that will consistently work for me. Give it a try, if you haven’t already, and let me know how it goes.

My setup:
AMD FX8120 @4.0 GHz
Thermaltake SpinQ VT cooler
Biostar TA990FXE Extreme Edition
16GB Gskill Sniper 1600
2x XFX HD 7970 DD Black Edition
Thermaltake Black Widow 850w PSU
128GB Crucial M4 SSD
2x WD 500GB
3x HP LA2206x 21.5” LCD (2 via DP, 1 via HDMI>DVI)

yer thanks mate, I have had to do same sort of thing
btw my setup
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120305-1505)
Z68X-UD3R-B3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
16384MB RAM
Powercolor 6990
NZXT full tower
Corsair H70 WC
Corsair 1k PSU
Corsair 120 gig SSD
Seagate 3TB x2
Asus VE278Q x3 1 DVI 2 Displayport (active) adapters.

Back