• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3570k Isn't Running as Hot as Expected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
More widely UTILIZED (as in bandwidth)? Its used plenty by AMD and NVidia's recent GPUs, Z68, Z79, and Z77 boards with proper CPU's in them.

5% more than 4400mhz is 4620mhz. I think the 5-7% increase is also figured with a 100mhz advantage to ivy. I think for most if they do have an sb that clocks well there is no real advantage to ivy other than if they are looking to mazimize memory speed as ivy does generally have a better imc.

More widely UTILIZED (as in bandwidth)? Its used plenty by AMD and NVidia's recent GPUs, Z68, Z79, and Z77 boards with proper CPU's in them.

thats probably the better word for it! my mind is a bit of a mush atm took em ages to phrase that sentence. Clashed heads while going for a header while playing football and split opened up a gash above my eyebrow. still rather slow today XD but yer utilized.

5% more than 4400mhz is 4620mhz. I think the 5-7% increase is also figured with a 100mhz advantage to ivy. I think for most if they do have an sb that clocks well there is no real advantage to ivy other than if they are looking to mazimize memory speed as ivy does generally have a better imc.

i was going on the 4.2ghz post by deseroner

On the one hand, 4.4GHz is not the speed to determine heat problems with these chips.

On the other hand, that is probably a good enough OC for most things.

Anyone with a 2500K care to run benches at 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 so it can be compared to a 3570K at those speeds?

I think Muddoktor has already said he would do that...or close enough (Post #79) stay tuned. :)

Anyone with a 2500K care to run benches at 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 so it can be compared to a 3570K at those speeds?

+1, but real world benches please. ( 3D mark and the like wont give us any useful data)

Encoding times, game FPS etc would be best really

Edit: cool cool ED :D

Last edited:
I cant imagine anyone would test a 3D program for CPU performance (outside of the benching team as a couple of those show CPU scores but its irrelevent to this context.).

I cant imagine anyone would test a 3D program for CPU performance (outside of the benching team as a couple of those show CPU scores but its irrelevent to this context.).

it was just an example of a synthetic benchmark. I'm sure there are CPU specific ones (i dont know any specific names), which i couldn't care less about. :p

As i said, mind is a mush atm :screwy:

There are, and they do well in testing what you all are looking for. While it is a 'synthetic' load, its still doing the same crunching.

I will leave it in the MORE than capable hands of our primary heatsink reviewer though. :)

There are, and they do well in testing what you all are looking for. While it is a 'synthetic' load, its still doing the same crunching.

I will leave it in the MORE than capable hands of our primary heatsink reviewer though. :)

as long as it translates to realworld gains ill accept it :p

I am going to use Vantage as one of the tests (cpu score on it). I'm also going to test wprime and superPi too. And I was also thinking of downloading the trial version of AIDA to do some synthetic tests. I will also use P95 to test heat with to compare the 2500K to the 3570K at 4.7.

What other free programs could I download and run to compare performance with?

Back