• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Returning an OCed GPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SchrodingersCat

Registered
A month ago i bought a GIGABYTE 6850 card. after about a month i started to have crazy kernel panics and system would go crazy. wouldn't last for more than a few minutes without crashing.

After testing everything - seems like that without the GPU inserted at ALL - the system works - no crash for a few hours right now.

My question is if i'll be able to return the GPU if i OCed it with CCC, it doesn't have ANY physical damage - it works great - yet has problems.

---
the system even crashed a few times @ BIOS - so no stress @ GPU, thus no stress@PSU.

I don't see why not - there is no way for them to even know you overclocked it, as those settings are saved locally on your machine, not in some permanent storage on the card.

all overclocking software has hardware maximums that are respected.

if your graphics card screwed up and you have not bios edited it .. you can most likely rma no problems

Back