• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OS crash on boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vdgamer

Hey guys I just installed new mobo/CPU/ram and trying to boot from my SSD with OS installed on rig in my sig and I get instant bsod at "starting windows" logo, I tried to use ahci and raid mode since I have two f4 in raid but get the same crash in both modes, OS was installed in raid mode and worked perfectly on rig in my sig for 6 months, my current hardware is fatality x79 pro/3820/16GB 1866gskill, I would really like to keep my current OS any help would be greatly apreciated

If it is Win7, then you have a reasonable chance of saving the install. I would first make sure that the motherboard is setup properly for raid mode (make sure that the proper SATA ports are used, and that the raid bios section in bios is set up properly). If you still have the old rig, then installing raid chipset drivers for the new board will help the matter. If it wont boot normally after you have done this, then see if it will boot to safe mode F8 and install the driver. You can also try to do a repair (might ask for the driver). If these don't get you anywhere, then you might just have to reinstall windows. Switching out setups can be a PITA, that is why I always plan for the worst and back up anything I might need. I wish you the best of luck.

sorry guys for not updating you, this whole x79 chipset raid deal as some of you may know is just insane, but i finally managed to get everything running, i ended up reinstalling windows on my ssd but managed to save my raid setup which was my main concern, i didnt have much on ssd anyway just os/drivers/small programs, thanks for your replies guys, think the issue was that x79 chipset needs separate raid drivers and there not even included in win7 setup thats why i wasnt able to boot any of my os's from x58 platform.

Back