• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H100 NO GOOD - NO BUENO. for AMD 8120 Over 4.3ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeerCzar

Registered
So since the over clocking gig has taken ahold of me. I have been messing with different settings and I have come to the conclusion that the Corsair H100 is No good if your looking to hit 4.4ghz or higher.

I have plenty of ventilation in my case using a pull method with the h100 having doubled up on fans for the h100 so it was 4 -120mm pulling heat through and out the top of the case and then one 140 blowing over the CPU and then a 200mm at the bottom of the case blowing more air up and out.

I just changed my multiplier and have it at 4.1ghz sitting steady while running prime while typing this and it has not gone over 45c.

Just a a conclusion I have come across while :comp:

cheers!

I was hitting 61c on the cores at 4.5ghz with a 1.35vcore wattage. Let prime run for about 20-30mins at that was the highest it got which is what is considered the highest level of "stable" for the CPU.

I have the CS Storm Trooper Full Tower Case and have the H100 mounted to the roof because it has a big opening in the top to push that hot air out of the case.

So you're pulling heated air from inside your case through the H100? reverse the fans. Pull in cool air outside the case through the H100

This is what I am doing it's a push-pull set up. I had it the way your are speaking of before and I got the same results.

This is what I am doing it's a push-pull set up. I had it the way your are speaking of before and I got the same results.

Is it seated correctly? Double check your mount. Make sure its tightened as much as you can tighten it.

It is Don me and my buddie worked on it all day testing and re-testing. It is tight and secure no wiggle at all.

Those dang FX things just run hot. I do agree that there is a limit to the Mhz of the cpu with an H100 but for the majority of people it is alright since their cpu will not be reliable with less than 1.45 Vcore and any water rig will have to be more than just a pre-assembled setup to get rid of the heat.

That said your results are not un-expected. If P95 over 30 mins or so does not exceed 61c on the cores, then I likely would run it at that Mhz since you will seldom load it completely in normal usage. Get the Mhz out of it, especially if there is no hint of instability at close to 61c.

I got some extra cash laying around and want a rig that will last me the next 5 years for gaming...might bite the bullet and see how much it would cost for a true water cooling setup.

Let the madness begin!

Thanks for the post Rgone

Back