• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI With Two Difrent Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sounds very interesting. I personally don't want to pull my rig apart (just got it together) to test it out. Let me know how it works out if you try it.

ill be doing a upgrade/rebuild here in a week or two ill probably give it a try then.it seems to be working for alot of people over there,but i would prefer some opinions from over here first=)~

I read through that thread too - people have only been having success where the cores are similar between the two cards. For example, the GTX480 should SLI with the GTX570 and the GTX560TI with the GTX470. I think people have also been successful with the GTX570 and GTX580 etc., because the 570 is just the 580 with one cluster disabled.

When they tried with cards that are too different, like a GTX280 won't SLI with a GTX480 or 8800GT, they just got BSoD when enabling it.

yea it looks like trying it with a DX10 and a DX11 card will have problems,tho some people claim it will still work but only in DX10.im waiting for a good GTX680 to get in stock again on newegg to upgrade.and might try this with the GTX 680 and the 470 for the hell of it.

Back