• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mother board stability help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CAPiTAL

Registered
I've spoken to a lot of people about this and they all seem to say...high price hardware won't make much of a difference (not all hardware) This applys to motherboards in particular. And my main question...

Can you overclock better with a $400 Mbo then a say $200 mbo ?

Is there a stability difference ?

I have 2 mbo to compare for example:

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Intel Z68 Board

vs.

SUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z ROG Motherboard

ONLY COMMENT ON OVERCLOCKING like why one will do better or if once you get to a certain price range motherboard is a motherboard.

It's been my personal experience that most of the time, you do tend to get what you pay for. Regarding your example, I've been using ASUS motherboards for many years, quite of few of them, and I always overclock. Even though I've tried other boards, I've had extremely good luck with ASUS for overclocking, as well as reliability and stability. More expensive motherboards also tend to be more feature rich, which I personally like. I tend to stick with what works for me. The "better" brands cost more, but it's usually worth it in the end.

It's been my personal experience that most of the time, you do tend to get what you pay for. Regarding your example, I've been using ASUS motherboards for many years, quite of few of them, and I always overclock. Even though I've tried other boards, I've had extremely good luck with ASUS for overclocking, as well as reliability and stability. More expensive motherboards also tend to be more feature rich, which I personally like. I tend to stick with what works for me. The "better" brands cost more, but it's usually worth it in the end.

how would i be able to tell the stability from mbo to mbo ? just by watching reviews or is there specific hardware that helps like (just guessing) capicitors that give the power for the cpu ?

how would i be able to tell the stability from mbo to mbo ? just by watching reviews or is there specific hardware that helps like (just guessing) capicitors that give the power for the cpu ?

The only methodology that I know is "trial and error".

Back