• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on $2/3K build :LGA2011 3980K, Asus P9X7 DELUXE 8 DIMM w/ 64GB RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Unverified

Despite the dearth of ideas, I purchased the rig.

Antec P280 Gaming Case
i7 3930K Processor (6x 3.20GHz/12MB L3 Cache)
ASUS P9X79 Deluxe -- 2x Gb LAN, 4x PCI-E x16, 4x SATA 6Gb/s, 4x USB 3.0, On-Board Bluetooth
64 GB [8 GB x8] DDR3-1600 Corsair
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti - 1GB -
850 Watt Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2
Corsair Hydro Series H60
240 GB Intel 520 SSD

Last edited:
I' a little confused here, you're putting top of the line everything but that 550 TI. What are you trying to do here? Cause if your gaming, you will have a certain bottleneck at the GPU. Although, if this is for work and standard operations then it's fine, minus the 64gb of ram which is overkill for your basic internet browsing and word document. If this is for lots of video and rendering, then you might want the 64gb. Although, the 3930k has a fantastic Memory controller, so you may be better off going with faster ram, like 1866 of 2000mhz. It really matters on what you're planning to do with it :)

I just saw this on the samll prview when you browse topics... le me describe it to you:

2/3 k BUILD
I7 3930 KKKK
and than I see 550 ti.... which I droped even though my pc is not for gaming as a primary focus... ahm mate... srly, there is no problem you puted there that board... maybe you didn't know ( like me a few weeks ago ) or you just made a mistake... the point is.. edit your post and look into something more decent... 560 ti would be the first step... but if you want to go evenly and purchase a GPU in the line of the rest of the parts do look even higher than that... or maybe a SLI of 560 tis...

Just my two cents as a hard ware noob and a newbie on these forums :)

PS: don't purchase that 850 W unless you want SLI ( I could be wrong on this so take my words with a grain of salt... probablly you will get some more experienced ppl around soon and they will tell you more :)

Gl with your rig mate!

Back