• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Horrerblade

Hey guys i have a 300r and it has 7 spaces for fans (120/140) 2 of them are already occupied and i want my computer to have good air flow what should i do? How many fans should i buy and what types? I am not looking to spend $14 on a fan sorry not that into it but i just want enough to make a difference, have good air flow and have cool air reach my components. Also is a fan controller worth the money?

My links are in my post. Both are from Jab-Tech, but the Petra's link that Mandrake gave you is to the same 120mm Yate Loon low speed fan. Jab-Tech used to have a lower quality low speed Yate, but they also started sourcing directly from Yate Loon themselves for the 1 I linked so it's the same fans as PTS now.

I WANTZ lol but i want ones with blue leds i was looking through the website BUT there are like 6 different yate loons which ones should i buy?

I've been using 6 of these blue led Yate low speed fans right here along with 3 of the medium version right here in my U2-UFO case for around 3 years with no problems from them. All still work well and are quiet, including the 2 I have installed horizontally in the top of the case.

It means the rpm they turn, which in turn affects the cfm and noise. If you are going for case fans, I would go with the low speed models for quietness. They still move plenty enough air for good ventilation. For heatsink use you could go either the low speeds or the medium speed fans. The mediums have higher cfm and more importantly for heatsink use, a higher static pressure, which helps cooling on your heatsink. But they are also noisier too. So you have to balance the cooling with your ability to tolerate fan noise.

Personally, I enjoy a little bit of flair to my case. Here is my setup for my 300R:
In the front I have 2 white, and top 2 reg http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=257&area=en. Very quiet, about $17 each.
The side and rear exhaust I have 3 http://www.enermax.co.uk/produkte/luefter/tbapollish.html. Again, $17, looks very nice, and best of all removable Twister Bearing Technology blades.
To finish things off, I use a Kaze Master Flat fan controller (see reviews). All in all, whisper quiet setup with great airflow and looks awesome!

Hey do the yate loons go from 3 pin to molex? What is there power config? and what fan controller do you recommend i need a fairly cheap one.

The Yate Loons come with both 3 pin fan headers and molex connectors. So you can choose which way you want to power them. As for a fan controller that's cheap and good, I'll let someone else chime in there as I haven't messed around with them in a while.

Back