• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel e6600 2.4 Overclocking to 3.6 ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaZaRd

Hey guys,

new here hoping i can get some help with my overclocking. not an expert as this is my 1st time but with what i have been readin up so far (guide wise) for overclocking a e6600 i think i get the basic what i amhaving issue is with how to go about setting up the voltage for ram and cpu. it sorta like a grey area for me.

i have manged to clock the cpu to 2.7 and then to 3.1 so far and its stable and i was hoping to push it a little more.

this is the site i was using to see what i can push my cpu to: http://codycudmore.com/dev/calculators/CPU-OverClock/index.php

as you can it says with a stock fan you can push it to 3.21. i bought a Corsair A50 cpu heat sink and slapped that on to the processor insted of stock. so in theory i should be able to push it to 3.6 without any issue. so thats where i am sorta in a grey area as i have cloked it to 3.1 with pretty much everything left on default setting.

i know you guys will ask for the computer spec so here it is:

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit (yes i know 64bit is better for OC this is a test phase hence 32bit)
MoBo: Abit Aw9d i 975x
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4
RAM: 4GB (Gskills ddr2 800 5-5-5-15 x2) (Wintec ddr2 800 5-5-5-18 x2)
GPU: ATI Radeon 6850 (1024mb)
HDD: Maxtor 300gb + Hitachi 1tb (running windows of 1tb at the mo)
PSU: Hiper 580 watts

yea the computer is 6 years old and im just trying to see if i can go with OC and save some money then having to buy new things all together.

here is a screen print of what i am trying to clock to can you guys tell me if i need to increase the power of CPU and RAM more or keep it same??

p.s. almost forgot i did the stress test when i clocked it 3.1 and the temp so far gone as high as 65 with full dump on both CPU for over 2 hours testing and it went up and down for 65 to 45 and so on. i been using the computer for couple days now and not came across any issue what so ever. the temp stays below 30 and goes to 40 when i am running a game, movie, and browsing net at same time.

Attachments

• IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
First, you need to see what setting you will need to get to 400 fsb stable, so back off the multi to an 8 or 7. You also might have to change the nb strap to PSB1333 or PSB1600. Leave the ram at a 1:1 fsb:Dram setting just like you have it and try to boot at a 400 fsb with the lower multi. You might want to also bump the vcore up right now too, to get that out of the equation of getting a boot running a 400 fsb. The E6600 I had back in the day required a vocre of somewhere between 1.5-1.6v to run at 3600, IIRC. Once you have booted successfully and stably at 400 fsb with a lower multi, then try the next higher multiplier and see if it boots. Once you get to a 9 multi, back off the fsb a ways and boot, then keep advancing the fsb speed and check for stability, until you get back up to 400 fsb.

Back