• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone go over 2 GB's of Vram! post here :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my card has 2gb of ram but i dont play any games that can tax it anymore. lol hardest gpu game ive played is the cod series and i doubt any of them maxxed it out even at 1920 and ultra settings. now all i play is cod4 and league of legends which both use almost none haha

my card has 2gb of ram but i dont play any games that can tax it anymore. lol hardest gpu game ive played is the cod series and i doubt any of them maxxed it out even at 1920 and ultra settings. now all i play is cod4 and league of legends which both use almost none haha

COD? as in Call Of Duty?

Sacrilege!!!! How could you? :p What could your GPU possibly have done to deserve the COD treatment? :sn:

It would be so much happier rendering this... http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706540

:thup:

PS: you might have to turn vsync off to go over 60 FPS, if it will get there...

COD......... :eek: i think now is an appropriate time for this gif to come out :p

4zvyp4.gif.jpg

only messing, a 7850 will munch up both of them maxed out

:thup:

PS: you might have to turn vsync off to go over 60 FPS, if it will get there...

Ultra Quality, everything maxed out at 1920X1080, 1200c, 1375m overclock

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
16974, 300000, 25, 92, 56.580

Speaking of COD. I hate to say this but Black Ops 2 looks interesting only because its future based

Ultra Quality, everything maxed out at 1920X1080, 1200c, 1375m overclock

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
16974, 300000, 25, 92, 56.580

25 to 92 lol that's a big difference, was it smooth? and i do mean smooth... i get annoyed at even the slightest lag.

you know you have to be fast in BF3 or you just get owned, if its not smooth it creates lag at which point your not that split second competitive.

i actually run my setting lower than i can just to get the maximum FPS, it eliminates that lag.

25 to 92 lol that's a big difference, was it smooth? and i do mean smooth... i get annoyed at even the slightest lag.

you know you have to be fast in BF3 or you just get owned, if its not smooth it creates lag at which point your not that split second competitive.

i actually run my setting lower than i can just to get the maximum FPS, it eliminates that lag.

Filled 64 man server, no studders, shutters, spikes, whatsoever. I wouldn't own this card if BF3 wasn't smooth.

Considering he was averaging 56, the 25 is an outlier. I'm willing to bet it ran very smoothly.

Also, he had AA on which really isn't necessary. It's just a waste of those precious frames lol.

Speaking of COD. I hate to say this but Black Ops 2 looks interesting only because its future based

as bad as they have failed on all the ones besides cod4 mw1 i dont see it being very good. mw2 was the best one besides cod4, cept the matchmaking that lead to the zillion hackers they need to remake mw1 with newer graphics (like they did with halo) and that would be awesome. theres more servers on cod4 still than any of the new ones combined and its super old

Alright good :) Thanks for that, the 7850 stays on my list of possibilities.

@ wagex, there are plenty of hackers on BF3, you can not get away from them, i run into one every other round :argue:

Don, I'm hearing the Sapphires run cool and overclock nicely as well. I'm so excited for this card to come in. UPS why don't you deliver on Saturday?!!!

Don, I'm hearing the Sapphires run cool and overclock nicely as well. I'm so excited for this card to come in. UPS why don't you deliver on Saturday?!!!

Sapphire would have been my 2nd choice if the Asus wasn't available.

I didn't see any Asus on Newegg. Also, these things are a hot commodity right now, so I was definitely fine settling with the Sapphire, even if it is inferior to the Asus! I'll finally be spared of BF3 on low settings :rofl:

Back