• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Half-Project log

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmwbaxter

So I decided to start making a project log... part of the way through my build :p

(If I am breaking the Project Log rules by starting half way through then can a Mod please remove my thread?)

My specs:
Asrock X79 Extreme4-M
4x4GB Patriot G2
two 60 GB Vertex 3's (raid 0)
two Hitachi 1 TB 7200 RPM (raid 1)
LG Blu ray burner
GTX 680

Silverstone Strider 1000W Silver Plus
-PSU will be indivially sleeved
-Darkside High Density Cable Sleeving

Fractal Design Arc Midi
-Isn't designed to hold as much raddage as is being stuffed in it :p

CPU watercooled
- Swiftech MCR220-QP
- EK XTC 140
- Swiftech Apogee XT
- Swiftech MCP 35X with RES
- Assorted Bitspower rotary compression fittings
- 1/2ID-3/4OD Black Primochill Tubing

I am currently running a leak test ATM.

007.JPG

008.JPG
As you can see there is a lot crammed into the top corner of this case.

Here is a picture of what my sleeving looks like.

012.JPG

This was my first venture into sleeving a power supply, so I apologize for the crappiness of the work done. Unfortunately with the flash on you are able to see the colours of the wire beneath the sleeving :( but in a dark case this will not be an issue as you can see in the below picture taken without flash. :)

011.JPG

Looks like you did a good job to me.... As long as you like it, who cares how "crappy" anyone else says it looks. :)

Thanks. Got some more done that I will be posting up later tonight.

EDIT: not enough time tonight, but I will get them up tomorrow.

Last edited:
I had to cut off a capacitor on my 6+2 pin PCIE connectors in order to sleeve it. Ripple will increase a bit but since this is a 24/7 system it shouldn't be the end of the world. I did keep the caps so I can use them later if I so desire.

003.JPG

005.JPG

Cap removed, I am going to hopefully get these sleeved soon.

I sleeved the wires on my fan controller, I think it looks much better compared to the red, yellow and black that was there before.

002.JPG

I am hoping to have this all ready for the weekend so it can fold in the Chimp Chanllenge.

Got the rig up and running today. Just doing some testing on stock settings, temps are amazing right now. This is with pump as low as it goes and fans turned down to barely spinning!

3930K.PNG

I will post pics of the finished product tomorrow hopefully :D

KΓλ©KΣΓ™;7188570 said:
Dam that chip runs hot.... That's what my temps look like OC'ed to 4.5GHz. I love my lil i5 2550K. :)

lol, well this cpu has a 130w TDP. so it is a hotter chip overall.

Here is it running at 4.0 GHz, anything more than this and it throttles too much.

3930K.jpg

Also I somehow managed to kill my fan controller :(

Back