• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 690

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ya dude....just get two 680's...better cooling with vapor chamber. prolly overclock better also.

yea the GTX690 is just crazy priced lol.im guessing they haven't figured out were in a recession yet lol. i mean for that price how maybe people are really going to spring for that card for $1200 there are only so many people left who have money falling out there asses these days.

You can buy a car for the price of that video card. It wouldn't be a great car, but it could get you to work and back.

i paid $600 for my last car... a 70' VW beetle baja :)

if only i could buy two and SLI them for extra power!! (not the vid cards)

i paid $600 for my last car... a 70' VW beetle baja :)

if only i could buy two and SLI them for extra power!! (not the vid cards)
lol well you could just make a beetle baja limo lol

I really don't see it staying at $1000USD for long... How many people are really willing to reasonably pay that? >_>;

i think it's a viable option if you're considering SLI 680s. this is easier to step in to, less setup, and will provide a little OC. I just wouldn't spring for anything less than WC/Hydro for a 690; but jebus what is that gonna cost?? plus, if you were waiting on 2 680s and these came in to stock, why not?

^+1

You would be paying same price for dual 680s. I like vapor chambers though. So blows heat out of case

i just dont see a lot of people really having a need for two 680 to begin with i guess lol.
i game on pc alot and can max out anything with my 470 with 9800 for physic's tho i am considering getting a 680.
Ill be ether getting a z77 or a x79 in the next week or two so might as well upgrade the video soon too.
But wow two of them i guess that would be good if you were a big on benchmarking or ran a lot of 3d rendering apps.

Who needs a freakin 690? People with six 2460x2048 monitors playing Metro 2033 on three of them and BF3 on the other 3?

newegg is out of stock, and its priced at $1200. So a lot.

How many do you think they actually had in stock? And what is a lot vs the entire video card buying populace, 1000? 10,000? 100,000? Just because they're out of stock doesn't mean they sold that well.

yea at that price point i couldn't imagine they stocked very many of them.heck if i was them i wouldn't have more then a few on hand with the way video cards go out of style lol

Back