• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Display not centered

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psittac

I just put in a new ati 6870 gpu into my new build and when I run at 1080p it makes the display a little larger then the screen. Half of the taskbar is cut off and it's that way on all four sides.

I can't find an adjustment in the catalyst control center.

It's hooked up through my AVR (audio video reciever) on hdmi but the AVR isn't the problem, I just bipassed it and same problem.

The hdmi cable is cheap so maybe thats it.

I've ran 1080p on my previous card through DVI to VGA adaptor with no problems. Other resolutions are ok but not 1080p.

What connection are you running?

If HDMI: Disable overscan on the monitor or for the graphics card.

If VGA: Use the auto calibrate button on the monitor.

it's hdmi and the only overscan option I can find is under "scaling options (digital flat panel)" and it has a bar that slides between overscan and underscan and it won't let me slide it to underscan.

ok now the overscan and underscan work, probably due to updates.

Only problem is I have a small black bar on three sides.

well..... another update and it's gone......

back to square one

Do you have the resolution set correctly? I'm guessing you have a combination of resolution and overscan/underscan causing problems.

ok I switched from 1080p to 1080i and the scaling option comes back. What I don't get is that my TV is 1080p, also that at one point inbetween updates I had scaling on 1080p, set everything correct, then updated and restarted and it's to big again. I guess I'll deal with 1080i then.

Back