• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest 8Core CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My zotac geforce gtx 560ti amp edition is a reference model aswell but it didnt cost alot of money and what mattered for me was that their RMA service will still hold even if you watercool your card.. id gladly pay a little more for that and not to mention i can clock higher due to amp edition and watercool.. trust me i see the benefit of saving money ive just never seen a cheap card throw heavy points in bench but id gladly change my view on this if im wrong :)

The performance does not differ from one make to another unless there running different clocks.

My card in an XFX model, among the cheapest and not regarded among the best.

It is coming up to 3 years old, has spent its entire life overclocked way over its reference clocks on the stock cooler. It has never put a foot wrong.
It was a mid range card 3 years ago, its had a hard life in that its been worked for all its worth and more.

Yet at this moment it can still max out today's games, things like Dirt 3 with all settings maxed @ 1920 x 1080 i'm getting a solid 50 FPS.
The only 2 games its finding its self out of ideas is BF3 and Crisis 2, yet it will still do even those games at the higher setting with smooth frame rates @ 1920 x 1080.

So despite its apparent (low end brand) it was solid the day i bought it, and its still every little bit as solid today.
I would put it up against the most expensive 5770 out there provided we are running the same coolers.

I agree with you on the RMA, to a limited extent (IE there is only so much i'm willing to pay for that)

As for a card its self,- the actual GPU they use are the same (they come from AMD's manufacturer in a box), its only the board and various components on that which differ, plus the cooler.

Like with nVidia AMD demand a minimum level of quality from the card maker, if the quality does not meet those standards they don't use them.

Last edited:
Yeah I never expected it to be an amazing card but all of the other cards that got roughly the same benchmark score were getting on for double the price. I don't think I will be watercooling my rig any time soon though haha.

Well i agree that factory clocked cards are worthless unless watercooled for more OCing but as for aircooling i guess a card like sapphire is decent due to low heat? :) just never liked the noise they produce hehe :) and i always wanted max of a card, also a reason i love the gtx 480 its still incredibly strong, as you might have noticed im a geforce lover :p

I've had no problems gaming on High/Ultra in all my games with my FX-4100 and 6850. The 6850 does have some stutter at stock clocks but overclocked it's completely fine. I'm only playing on a single 1600x900 monitor though...:rolleyes:

I also don't have BF3, but from what I can tell I should be able to play it on high settings.

Last edited:
Yeah ofc you can run high settings, even my card tho its factory OCed has to be tweaked a little to run bf3 ultra in ez mode but they do also recommend gtx570 or equal :p but why is crysis 2 always compared to grapgic performance if i may ask the game is quite easy to run smooth imo? :)

Well i agree that factory clocked cards are worthless unless watercooled for more OCing but as for aircooling i guess a card like sapphire is decent due to low heat? :) just never liked the noise they produce hehe :) and i always wanted max of a card, also a reason i love the gtx 480 its still incredibly strong, as you might have noticed im a geforce lover :p

You don't like the noise they make but you like the GTX 480?

Performance wise it is still a strong card today, relatively.

But you could fry an egg on that thing it gets so hot and the fan sounds like gale force winds in a box as is trying to keep the GPU cool, somewhat without hope i might add.

You crack me up..... :)

Well as you see in my signature im a watercooling geek thougt you had seen that alreadyvand max noise from my rig is 19dba :) which makes me happy xD

Does Sapphire still make the ATI/AMD branded cards? I remember 9-10 years ago back in the 9800pro days everyone owned a Sapphire card. I remember seeing Asus and Powercolor some other brands back then but Sapphire ran the show. A Sapphire/ATI 9800 Pro equipped with an Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer was the card to have. I think one my old ones is still running in a NF7-S board with an Athlon XP-M 2500+ Barton cooled by a small turbine Thermaltake Extreme Volcano (seriously, a 80mm fan pushing 70 cfm? wtf) as my brother's garage computer.

You can add that signature to your posts, like you see with mine.

Just go to Quick Links at the top of the page, then Edit Signature. :thup:

@ JU571N, thats a yes...

radeon hd 6670

What games are you trying to play at high and ultra? BF3? 6850 will be good for medium

I have the radeon 6670 and i play bf3 at ultra with my fx-8150 asus sabertooth 990fx and 16 gigs of 1333 mhz ram corsair 4x4 pack, dont know and care what kind :shrug:

I can get everything on Ultra provided i have AA and AF off completely, yet even then my FPS are only just playable.

This on an overclocked 5770 (which i might add is a better card than the 6670)

Its doable provided the res is not so high, which is interesting as that's whats in APU's

Is there really that much of a difference in high setting and ultra settings in bf3. I am asking cause I want to play this game but cannot cause I dont have a graphics card yet. I just was to have good fps and it to look nice at 1080p. I also dont have much money to spend on a graphics card so the 6850 looks good to me for the price, lowest i have seen one is for 169$

Is there really that much of a difference in high setting and ultra settings in bf3. I am asking cause I want to play this game but cannot cause I dont have a graphics card yet. I just was to have good fps and it to look nice at 1080p. I also dont have much money to spend on a graphics card so the 6850 looks good to me for the price, lowest i have seen one is for 169$

Actually no, the difference between Medium >> High >> Ultra is not that significant.

There is a difference but its not huge, its look fantastic on high and even Medium as long as your running 1920 x 1080, which a 6850 will do.

bet your not getting that in the karkland maps.. i bet your getting like 15fps in those maps.

6850 overclocked does ok in bf3 but dont expect playable fps in ultra. your looking at med/high settings with MSAA off and post process effects off.

Back