• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest 8Core CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well lemme put it this way, BF3 looks soo good on high settings i thought it was ultra.... and my 6850 handles high flawlessly, and ultra SP pretty damn well, didnt try MP on ultra...

With a 6850 I would stick to medium/high settings. Running ultra is nice but it is not a must to enjoy the game details. The aformentioned comments already covered most of the points but I think a gpu upgrade would benefit you more than upgrading the fx-4100. As for whoever told you that it could run bf3 on ultra, if it was a salesman at a retail store most of the time those people don't have a clue and just say yes or they don't realize what resolution you are running. If you are running under 1080p then the 6850 will sustain fps rates on those high/ultra settings much easier. Always ask or research online for questions like that. You have to ask yourself if you really need ultra on your current configuration. If you upgrade your cpu and/or gpu, then by all means rock it out :p

I can get everything on Ultra provided i have AA and AF off completely, yet even then my FPS are only just playable.

This on an overclocked 5770 (which i might add is a better card than the 6670)

Its doable provided the res is not so high, which is interesting as that's whats in APU's

I've seen on the egg 6870's going for 170.

With a 6850 I would stick to medium/high settings. Running ultra is nice but it is not a must to enjoy the game details. The aformentioned comments already covered most of the points but I think a gpu upgrade would benefit you more than upgrading the fx-4100. As for whoever told you that it could run bf3 on ultra, if it was a salesman at a retail store most of the time those people don't have a clue and just say yes or they don't realize what resolution you are running. If you are running under 1080p then the 6850 will sustain fps rates on those high/ultra settings much easier. Always ask or research online for questions like that. You have to ask yourself if you really need ultra on your current configuration. If you upgrade your cpu and/or gpu, then by all means rock it out :p

I told him that, because up until 3 days ago I was doing it. But, like I said, I had it set to 2x msaa and no motion blur. So the textures were ultra, but not everything was cranked.

I used to have a pc for gaming along time ago, I was only ever really into playing the games when I was that age, so then I moved to consoles and have had consoles for many years now. I have always preferred pc gaming but could never justify the price compared to a console. I had been thinking about building a pc for a while and just wanted it as cheap as possible and still play games at ok quality so i went for it. However now I've got into clocking and building and want to upgrade components. in answer to your question I do not need to play everything on ultra, I just want my systems to easily be able to manage it

I used to have a pc for gaming along time ago, I was only ever really into playing the games when I was that age, so then I moved to consoles and have had consoles for many years now. I have always preferred pc gaming but could never justify the price compared to a console. I had been thinking about building a pc for a while and just wanted it as cheap as possible and still play games at ok quality so i went for it. However now I've got into clocking and building and want to upgrade components. in answer to your question I do not need to play everything on ultra, I just want my systems to easily be able to manage it

Yeah that makes a lot of sense, managing/tailoring graphics settings to match your fps appeal and hardware capability is always an adventure. It's too bad your board is mATX otherwise you could have just crossfired another 6850.

I've seen on the egg 6870's going for 170.

Yeah, i have my eye on this MSI 6870 £130 is a pretty good price and about 60% faster than what i have.

Right now i'm getting 50 - 60 FPS on 64 player maps all high, AA, AF, MB off @ 1920 x 1080 at the clocks you see in my sig.

What i want is a 7850 but at the moment its more money then i'm willing to pay for a GPU (£200) here
So unless it comes down in price a 6870 is probably what i will end up with.

i'm willing to wait and see if nVidia's new cards force those prices down.

Yeah I know, When I bought most of my components and didn't really have upgrading in mind for a long long time. However I am already regretting this choice as I realise I cant push my computer as far as I would like to haha. I'm already looks at a new PSU, GPU and more ram

Back