• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which SSD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

super2007

Ya another thread...I am running SATA II and looking to get a SSD, i have read many threads and everyone says something different.

Intel/Samsung/m4

I have a raid 0 6400 AAKS and i want to run raid 0 on ssd i think it would be more performance and storage.

Should i go 128x2 raid 0 route? or 256GB 1 drive? I want the best performance. I see mix reviews of ocz drives messing up and than some drivers not messing up? with updated firmware. Any suggestion would be helpful

Intel, Crucial, OCZ in that order for me. OCZ had issues in the past but the loud roar we heard a few months ago has all but been silenced with newer firmware.

I wouldnt R0 an SSD only because you wont see the performance increases unless you frequently manipulate large files.

basically we are going to repeat what you have already read. :)

cool, but if i am going to go with 240gb or 256gb ssd, wouldn't it better to do raid 0 with 128GB x2 ssd?

Why? Again, do you manipulate large files a lot? That would be the only reason I would do it. They are soooo fast on their own, R0 is an unneeded risk to me.

IDK lol i am so used to raid 0, and i don't care about the risk!

I was just wondering if could save some money by going 128x2 vs a big 256gb drive

ya i am looking up prices on newegg. Any suggestions on 128gb drives?

there are so many crucial m4 drives on newegg. Whats the difference?

Back