• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you think about my new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darq

Registered
Ok so after a couple months of research and saving saving some cash I can finally get my new build :D So tell me what you think about it and if there are any problems (bottlenecks compatibility issues etc) any way share your thoughts.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-04 at 10.27.25 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-05-04 at 10.27.25 PM.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen shot 2012-05-04 at 10.27.43 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-05-04 at 10.27.43 PM.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 57
Also, if you want to save some cash, Amazon.com has the 2500K cheaper than it is on Newegg and if you live by a Microcenter they have it way cheaper than both at $169.99 and if you do live by a microcenter, they run a deal with the Z77 chipset that you get a ton of money off when you buy the mobo and an i5 processor together.

no reason not to get a 120g SSD for boot up OS, few games, apps. you'll REALLY appreciate the speed of an SSD. also, since z77, no reason not to go for IB i5 3570k cpu. rest looks good. double check that you get all the cables/fans that you need. there are some other options to consider at that price range, asrock extreme6 i think, and mayb an asus board; but anything decent (that price range) should b good.

Last edited:
no reason not to get a 120g SSD for boot up OS, few games, apps. you'll REALLY appreciate the speed of an SSD. also, since z77, no reason not to go for IB i5 2570k cpu. rest looks good. double check that you get all the cables/fans that you need. there are some other options to consider at that price range, asrock extreme6 i think, and mayb an asus board; but anything decent (that price range) should b good.

Im sticking with a SB because there are heat problems when overclocking with IB until these get fixed i'm sticking with SB

if you're upgrading, especially to an i5 series intel, there is no reason NOT to go with IB. the 3570k has less heat issues than the i7 3770k. correct, it doesn't OC to 6.0ghz on stock air; DEAL WITH IT. at 4.2ghz(ish) AND with the integrated 4000 series gpu AND ddr3-1600 AND PCIe 3.0 the IB i5 3570k does NOT FAIL. @4.2ghz(ish) this is the beast u want. plus most z77 boards add sataIII and USB3. WIN!

^ and you don't need to OC to 4.6+.... why is everyone so caught up on wanting to OC through the roof? with good ram, ssd, good gpu, etc... IB will do you right, you don't need to clock it to the moon. but whatever, knock yourself you with the 2500k; you are losing potential features of new technology.

Eh. Overkill psu. You could run two HD6870s with an overclocked CPU with a quality 500w psu. They're not power hungry cards. Dtrunk. I agree yet I don't. I also opted for a 2500k over ivy bridge. Fact is its also cheaper. Though I am running a z77 board. I'd post more but I'm on my phone and have guests over.

Back