Games stutter or freeze for a moment when in game sounds loaded.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    Intel Core i7 2630QM @ 2.00GHz
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M
    6GB DDR3

Under system information and device manager these are the two listed...

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
    Intel(R) Display Audio

For example, in Minecraft, Planetside 1, and Blacklight. When a gun is shot, door opening, player falling, etc the game may stutter quickly or freeze for a second or three. I disabled both sound devices in device manager and when a sound would happen the game runs smoothly. Though there are still what seems like random quick stutters every 10 to 20 seconds or so. As far as my knowledge goes all of the drivers are up to date but it is possible that something may not be.

http://imgur.com/a/YxKPG

Images from minecraft diagnostic view. These types of events also occur in planetside as well. Note this sound problem never occured when playing Skyrim.

This also occured during the Diablo 3 beta, the spikes/lag made the game completely unplayable. Didn't have enough time to attempt some kind of minor diagnosis because the beta ended.

Also, tried Battlefield 2. In the main menu where you can select servers or edit settings, the game freezes for a split second roughly every second. But the interesting part which may actually help, is that if I change the resolution of the game, for about 10-20 seconds the game runs perfectly. Then the issues start again.

In planetside, If i change the audio driver, the game will also momentarily run perfectly.

Control Panel>Sound>Audio Device>Right Click>Properties> Uncheck "Allow applications to take specific control of this device.>ENJOY!

I tried that and disabling all enhancements. I don't notice any difference if there is one.

And Here is a curious event... when running frap recording at 60fps, during the recording time the game runs perfectly lagless, stutterless, and absolutely smooth.

Update: Tried a few different things, not much mind you but here is an update. Still unsolved.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    Intel Core i7 2630QM @ 2.00GHz
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M
    6GB DDR3

Under device manager this is listed for sound...

High Definition Audio Device

For example, in Minecraft SP, Planetside 1 MP, and Portal SP. When a gun is shot, door opening, player falling and hitting ground, NPC talking, etc the game may stutter

quickly or freeze for a second or three. I disabled both sound devices in device manager and when a sound would happen the game runs smoothly. Though there are still

what seems like random quick stutters every 10 to 20 seconds or so. As far as my knowledge goes all of the drivers are up to date but it is possible that something may

not be.

http://imgur.com/a/YxKPG

Images from minecraft diagnostic view. These types of events also occur in planetside and portal. This also occured during the Diablo 3 beta, the spikes/lag made the

game completely unplayable. Didn't have enough time to attempt some kind of minor diagnosis because the beta ended.
    Exported Data from System Information

System Info:

http://pastebin.com/rwv5g0Cn
    http://pastebin.com/cgG8Jk58

Tried:
    Disabling All Sound Enhancements in Control Panel-->Sound
    Disabling allowing exclusive control of device in Control Panel-->Sound
    Tried enabling verticle refresh
    Edit: Tried reformatting
    Last edited by GilleyTheSilly; 05-14-12 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Add an attempted solution

Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Shot in the dark but I've seen it work when HDMI was new and coming out on videocards.

Does your AMD GPU have HDMI out? Do you use it? If you do not use it, uninstall the HDMI Audio drivers from AMD that links the IDT sound card to the GPU to carry the audio out of the HDMI port.