• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Geothermal Cooling Loop!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely LOVE this Idea. Diggrr you are legendary for doing it so well...
If I was you I would investigate using salt water as it has a 5 degree lower freezing temp instead of anti-freeze and is more environmentally friendly.
I'm going to investigate doing this for other heat producing items in the house...
Thanks again for an AWESOME post!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have a couple of questions.

I'm looking into building a system like this and was wondering if you have any advice for someone looking to build one?

If you were to do it over again is there anything you wouldn't do? Or do differently?

I looks like from your pictures that one of your 20' copper pipe sections goes straight out, do you think that has any effect on cooling? Would replacing it with plastic tubing have a negative impact?

How would you scale the system? Handle the increase pressure requirements of multiple blocks and/or increased pipe length?

How much heat do you think the system could handle? 100 Watts 250? 1000?

Programmer, it looks like Diggrr hasn't been on the forum for some time so getting your questions answered may be tough, just an FYI.

Programmer, it looks like Diggrr hasn't been on the forum for some time so getting your questions answered may be tough, just an FYI.
OK, thank you. Something I should have checked myself.

Anybody in general want to chime in or should I start new thread to ask the question to a wider audience?

OK, thank you. Something I should have checked myself.

Anybody in general want to chime in or should I start new thread to ask the question to a wider audience?

I haven't seen many people on this forum building geothermal loops, you may want to start a new thread and test the waters.

I'm still tempted to try a water loop out with a couple of these on the wall behind me sometime, but I haven't been that motivated lately, work is rough enough at the moment he he.

two of these down the back wall and some things and mess with it with a u loop on the end.

Might be interesting if ever do it.

http://www.pexsupply.com/Slant-Fin-103061070-H-1-Heating-Element-for-Multi-Pak-80-7-ft

Even if a smaller run you's have a radiator mounted to the wall you could switch computers with long term.

:shrug:

Last edited:
Dammit batman!!! I was just going to link this project to another thread till I realized the pictures are gone! Diggrr, what happened? lol

Dammit batman!!! I was just going to link this project to another thread till I realized the pictures are gone! Diggrr, what happened? lol

I went to first thread and looked, and couldnt help to wonder what everyone was talking about, but seems he may have uploaded to another site and just linked here, instead of uploading to the forum.

I went to first thread and looked, and couldnt help to wonder what everyone was talking about, but seems he may have uploaded to another site and just linked here, instead of uploading to the forum.
Aha! That is the old way we did things before OCF started hosting attachments. If you look at old posts from yours truly you may hit the same problem. :) Diggrr may have lost that hosting. I lost mine when I switched from Comast to Verizon and I haven't gone through to fix them. :( It happens when you are around as long as me. LOL

Diggrr's entire post was here, including photos. Now it is not (look at the OP; he also removed all photos). He choose a....different path...earlier this year and will not be returning. That's all we'll say on the matter.

I'm going to go ahead and remove the featured tag and lock this thread. It is now completely useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back