• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

two scythe coolers-which one???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

Right night I'm using the scythe SCRT-1000(rasetu) cooler and I like it. But when I change cpus(which I've been doing more often), its a pain to put back on because of how wide it is.. Was thinking about switching to the SCKC-2000(Grand Kama Cross) . http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2501 .with its angled fins I'll be able to get to to push pins much easier..Just wondering if the cooling will be about the same..

I have used a scythe sckc-2000 for awhile in my wife's setup. It was a good cooler. A bit big for my tastes, but I guess you know what size your going with.

As far as performance goes the 1000 is going to run cooler. The 2000 is going to be quieter but not as efficient. As far as ease of attachment, I find the 2000 to be a PITA. But hey, I'm lazy.

My two cents: Stick with what you have. Its not a upgrade by any standards, and it does the job better. Sure, its not quite as easy to attach. Is that worth the performance loss?

You might want to think about going with a heatsink that will get you away from those damned Intel pushpins, if you want to upgrade to a better heatsink. NZXT, Thermalright, Noctua, Prolimatech and several others have heatsinks that you get a good mounting system instead of those pushpins, are quiet and cool very well at price points from $30 to $90.

Back