Input Device forum

This is a suggestion.

In the hardware section, i think there should be an input device thread where we can post about and discuss such things as Keyboards, Mice, Joysticks, Gamepads, Game keyboards (like zboards, and the g13), and the like, perhaps even things that may go along with it like mouse pads or feet (i didn't know there was a market for mouse feet till recently)

I bring this up because i would like to start a thread about joysticks, but there isn't an appropriate section for it, as well as two topics that are being discussed, (best keyboard, and best mouse) which i believe are in the Software > Games section, which doesn't really fit.

Thanks
    CPU & Cooling:Intel i5 2500k & CM Hyper 212 EVO /w Noctua NF-P12-1300 120mm Fan (for CPU)
    Mainboard & RAM: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 & CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3R 1TB HDD & Intel 510 Series 120GB SATAIII SSD
    Video & Audio: MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC Radeon HD 6950 2GB Video Card (picking up a 2nd for x-fire later on)
    Case & PSU: Coolermaster HAF x w/ Corsair Gold AX850
    Display: Dell u2410 + 2x Dell u2412m's + 1 Hans-G HW191D
    Input: Logitech G110 Keyboard / Logitech G700 Mouse & Zboard Fang
    Windows 7 Ent x64

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

General Hardware is the section for posting threads like that. I guess gaming could be used too if the hardware being discussed is specifically about gaming.

In my opinion, keyboards, mice, and their accessories don't make up enough content to be worth creating a sub-forum for them, so they are lumped into General Hardware.

Here's a previous thread about this: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=659785
    i7 3770K | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 | EVGA GTX780 SC ACX | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 | SeaSonic SS-1000XP

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (98-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build

Quote Originally Posted by Lyian View Post
    I bring this up because i would like to start a thread about joysticks, but there isn't an appropriate section for it, as well as two topics that are being discussed, (best keyboard, and best mouse) which i believe are in the Software > Games section, which doesn't really fit.

Thanks
    Those 2 threads are about the best gaming mouse and keyboard which is most likely why they were put into the games section, otherwise general hardware would be the correct section. To me I'd think you'd get the most out of putting a joystick thread in the games section, while it's not software the games section will get the attention of those who use joysticks, gamers.
    i7 3770k @ 4.5 1.25v
    4x2 GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24
    ASRock Fatality Pro Z77
    XFX 7970 / Samsung SyncMaster 216BW
    Corsair TX750
    128 GB Samsung 830 / 1.5 TB WD Green / 500 GB WD Blue
    Folding User Stats

Gen hardware is probably best. I can't see gaming forum being where I would lookf for KBM questions (infact not for controllers either) afterall GPUs are 90% about gaming performance but they have their own forum.

I am definitely down with giving IO devices their own subforum since a good IO device lasts longer than any PC component I have ever had. (Even cases)

thats probably why it would not be a popular forum though. Once you found a great KBM setup you dont need to check the forum again for 5-6 years, or whenever your KB or M is breaking down/wearing out.

CPU/GPUs are getting new and improved versions with more features and such every 6-12 months it seems.
    All rants I produce are sole property of 127.0.0.1.
    10 types of people understand binary.
    Suck iiiiiitttttttttt. -Shawn Spencer
    Linux is the stepchild of the OS world. "You told me to set 192.168.0.266 ip address", okay >>>Kernel PANIC - Me

If we were looking at another section, I think input device is probably too narrow of a focus. Peripherals (keyboards, mice, printers, scanners) may be slightly more broad. But at the same time, much of that already ends up in gaming if thats the purpose, or general hardware otherwise.

Ultimately, I kind of stand where I did a couple years ago on the issue - splitting out more sections for every area of focus could divide people more than it brings them together.
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.
    The OC Forums Thank You Thread
    Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
    Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.