• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

title removed (trolling)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had very good experiences with ATi/AMD video cards. The first nVidia card I got caused awful DPC latency issues that made sound and display stutter, and it didn't get better until I moved my card to the PCIe 4x slot. It only went away completely when I got a new motherboard. So.

His post just seems like it is very impatient and drawing a conclusion that the AMD cards were the issue. More than likely I bet he has a bum PSU, but since he is a fanboy he won't post when the nvidia card has an 'issue' lol. Good chance he never plugged the 6-pins in either. AMD cards have never failed me. Nvidia has been good as well. I think it is possible that this user might be purchasing from the same vendor and blaming AMD for it. People tend to forget that reference design is modified for various cards.

I've had a pretty good experience with AMD video cards and CPUs. I still have a Radeon 8500LE flashed to the retail 8500 bios then overclocked to like 280/280 and it still runs great. On the other hand I also just had my first new video card failure with an HD7950.

I've been using AMD cpu's for many years and have never had a problem. Haven't used their video cards yet. I would not hesitate to buy one. It usually depends on the deal I happen across as to what GPU I get. While I've migrated to Intel for the time being, when (if) they get it together, I'll buy their cpu's again.

I wish threads like these had more "meat" on their "bones" so to speak.

OP came in here and had his rant about how AMD products keep on crashing his computer, he claims AMD customer support is helpless, he makes a few other claims... Now; I'm not disputing the OP's description of his experience as we all know that even the best companies out there have let someone down at one time or another... What I would have liked though; would have been for a more detaile explanation of the problems.

What HW failed? How did it fail? What other HW was the OP running when the AMD HW failed?

We have a large community here and lots of very knowledgeable people, chances are that those "crashes" that the OP was experiencing can be fixed with the help of someone from here... I just don't like seeing these "..... so and so HW company sucks" threads; nothing constructive can come out of them, but if instead of ranting one were to post a few specific questions and a description of one's problems... Oh man! That's when things get fixed. ;)

I vote for closing the thread and letting it go away. This is the OPs only post. Very obvious trolling.

I just wish I could understand why people do this.

Merged threads and closed.

Trolls invasion...

Time to take some time off until it gets better Lol!

You say this each week when a single post that could be considered a troll gets made. Not like there is some epidemic... Especially not here compared to other enthusiast sites. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back