• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Favourite Fan!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluezero5

Winner, Rig-o'-the-Quarter, Fourth Quarter 2012
Wanted to set up a poll, but guess I cannot.

I know fan choice is dependent on many things, however, I do think everyone has a favorite 120mm fan.

mine is the Kaze Jyuin Ultra 1900 RPM with 110 CFM.

It is noisey, but it really gets a radiator cold in push/pull configs. (like no other)

What's yours? Lets all name our own favourite, and reason why!

:salute:

That fan is branded as a slipstream correct?

If so mor7 is gonna love you when he finds this thread :p

I also find that fan to be pretty good where static pressure isn't important.

I predict alot of people saying GT"s, and here is #1

GT-AP14, Allowed me to waste 35$ on a fan controller that I no longer use. :thup:

There are too many fans out there to list a poll without leaving people out. So, we would probably end up with a lot of "other" votes.

My favorite fan is the San Ace 109R1212H101 (-H1011):
Code:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Size, mm...................... 120mm x 120mm x 38mm 
Voltage....................... 12 volts DC 
Operating Range............... 10.2 - 13.8 
Current....................... 0.52A 
Watts......................... 6.24 
RPM .......................... 2600 
Flow CFM (Max)................ 102.4 CFM / 2.9 cu metre[m3] 
Static Pressure (in. H20)..... 64.7Pa (6.6mm) 
Noise (dBA)................... 39.0
Bearing Type.................. Dual Ball Bearing[/SIZE][/FONT]

This fan has good airflow and static pressure, plus it can be undervolted like a champ to become near silent.

Favorite that I own? These guys:
38mm5.jpg

My JouJye BW-1238B-PWM review

Favorite all time? The Servo G1238B12BBZP-00 I borrowed from s33bs. 4.45 amps, insaaaaaaane airflow, metal chassis, and with PWM control it's extremely quiet at low speed while putting out more airflow at more pressure than your average noisy 2200rpm 120x25mm fan.

This puppy right here.

thebeast003a.jpg

Because it about the most outrageous fan in 120 mm format that is powered by 12 volts. :D

Yep, 120 x 76 mm. The Sanyo Denki 9CR1212P0G03, 300 cfm of screaming goodness.

Believe me, I don't think anyone can have that fan install for 24/7 use unless they are totally deaf. ;) It's great for extreme air benching though.

My favorite fan: The Servo G1238B12BBZP-00 that Bobnova mentioned for all the reasons he mentioned. ;)

And in a very close 2nd place: San Ace 9SG1212P1G01... It's almost as powerful/quiet/beautiful as the Nidec and it costs less than half price too.

My favorite fan is the San Ace 109R1212H101 (-H1011):
That's a boss fan. I don't have use for them anymore, and I found they generated a bit of motor noise undervolted, but they would start somewhere around 3.5v and are incredibly effective.

I'm a Yate Loon D12SL-12 guy myself. Super cheap, almost silent at 7v and actually silent at 5v, and they last a long time. Don't know why I'd buy anything else for my needs. :D

Hey Mudd, and what about those Double bladed deltas? Those had awesome cfm and static pressure...Can't recall the exact model though. :p

That is the GFB1212VHE you are thinking of. Not as powerful as the Denki Beast but much more livable for noise (and power draw). The GFB moves only around 220 cfm. :rofl:

That is the GFB1212VHE you are thinking of. Not as powerful as the Denki Beast but much more livable for noise (and power draw). The GFB moves only around 220 cfm. :rofl:

"Only" 220cfm is good in my book lol
And it had some killer static pressure!

But I'd have to say that my favourite are the Torin 24v squirrel cage blowers :thup:

I also LOVED the tri bladed delta fans, 92mm ones :p worked like a charm with the xp-90's of old :D

Round bladed fans are my fav.

I like the 1850rpm AP-15's. For ANY general use no more is needed.

Now, if you need to drive your heatsink swamp buggy to work the Mudd's choice is best!

I was half expecting lots of people to name the GT AP-15 Gentle Typhoon...
and instead, we got some much nicer fans!

I personally also like the Enermax 120mm LB Vegas, very quiet fan, with 85 CFM.

I will also direct everyone to this research

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/261...e-fans-reviewed-test-results-120-mm---all-out

where it was recently done on 393 fans.

the fan count on my Chassis

2 x Akasa 120 VIPER 85CFM
3 x Kaze Jyuin (Slipstream) 1900 110 CFM
1 x Reevan Silent 1500 (cause I like the sharp yellow there)
1 x Kaze Jyuin Slim 1200 (cause of an impossible area.. this is a 12mm thick fan, with my additional mods)
1 x Enermax TB Vegas DUO
1 x Ultra Kaze Jyunin 38mm 3000 RPM 130 CFM (this is my bottom fan)
2 x Coolermaster red LED 1200 RPM side fans (these are mounted on the side panel to assist GPU mostly)

as such, when my fans goes to 100% (above 55'C), my computer sounds like an airplane on the runway about to take off. :p
but on usual daily mode, it is actually rather quiet, no more noise than a normal computer from any table.

On fans, i believe in TESTED results over their marketing data.
and the reason why I like the Slipstream, is cause at 7V, they basically operate like a GT AP-15. (71CFM at 40dBA), and at 12V, they can operate at 110 CFM at 53dBA. Some will argue the GT has better static pressure, but in tested results, it really didn't show that.. I will be putting that in the urban legend pile of data.

Akasa Viper 120 operates at 12V similar to Slipstream 12V, but better color. (this fan works poorly at 7V)
Enermax Duo is for the lighting, colors are decent.

Last edited:
For pure airflow, I loved my old Panaflows. Nowadays I prefer something that provides good airflow while remaining relatively quiet so I'm partial to Noctua's fans (e.g. NF-P12).

San Ace 9SG1212G101 with PWM controls. 260.41CFM of goodness at 6000RPM, nice and quiet at its minimal 500RPM. The best of both worlds :D

I've only got one of these suckers unfortunately. Hard to get hold of at a decent price :(

^^^^ agreed.

I prefer best of both worlds solutions too.
we need to be practical that Strong SP and CFM = Noise to a certain level.

So what we really need.. is a fan that can do that PLUS, stay reasonably decent at lower RPMs. :)

Back