• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C# and .Net training

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

big_mike

Hi I am looking to expand my knowledge so I have decided to get into C# and the .Net Framework. So I am looking for a good training website, video tutorials etc. I checked on asp.net web site, but it seems that the tutorials and videos they have there only give you a basic idea of what asp.net is about.

Thanks
Mike

If you are looking to spend money, the O'Rielly books would be a great place to start.

I don't mind spending some cash in the process. I guess it is to be expected.

I will look into O'Rielly books, sounds like a great start. Thank you thideras!

The O'Reilly books are a gift from Heaven. Best books I've ever found.

Completely recommended for every and any thing you want to learn. They're just... so incredible... What a pity there're no Kindle editions...

Already bought a few of their books. I really like it so far. Thanks a lot for the help guys! Looks like I got some reading to do now :)

You can buy some directly on Amazon. I've purchased LDAP, C#, and a few others this way.

You can download a free version of C# called Visual Studio Express Edition. I highly recommend downloading it and periodically trying things out in between chapters or whenever. It helps whatever you just learned stick better. It gives it context.

Yeah I've found MSDN to be a great help. Every time I don't quite get something that is the first place where I search. Its awesome!

I've also downloaded Visual Studio Express. One of the books I got pointed me in that direction. It seems that it is quite a bit more complex than Dreamweaver (what I use in general). Its most certainly a great tool for developing in .NET

Back