• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help choosing a case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lukeool

Registered
I need help choosing a new case for my pc. I need something with really good airflow.

I am interested in the HAFX and the antec df 85

I need to know which is the better for airflow.

Both cases mentioned have excellent airflow. You should get very similar cooling performance out of either case. The HAF case is a bit better, but in the end just pick one on style or price. If it were me, I would get the Antec since i love the clear hot swapping area and the quick release fans in front. (Plus you get a bit more for your money)

Airflow difference between the two will not be noticeable.

Do u have any idea if the fans that come with the antec are any good? I have 4 aerocool shark 120mm 82cfm fans but they are blue led and are quite loud

The case fans are going to be a bit louder than your aero's at full speed. If noise is a problem I would recommend some SilenX fans: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835226042

I have 6 of these guys and they are the best for the money IMO. 15DBa (think.. very light whisper) at full on. Frankly I can't hear them all all, and my computer sits a foot and a half away from me. Plus at $11 each and 74CFm you really can't beat it. :)

edit: You could also just put a cheap fan control system in. You have more than enough drive bays for it!

Last edited:
Umm ok but I want some with some red led's. Also I highly doubt they will be louder than my fans. Cause my aerocool fans are preaty loud, even with rubber screws. There louder than my xbox if that can give u an idea

Well according to the dba ratings your looking at a bit more noise from them when they are at 100%. But like you said, the noise won't be much more... Plus more fans at less RPMs = less noise.

Let us know how you like the case when you get it. Its always a good thing to see a real world review of them! :)

Both cases mentioned have excellent airflow. You should get very similar cooling performance out of either case. The HAF case is a bit better, but in the end just pick one on style or price. If it were me, I would get the Antec since i love the clear hot swapping area and the quick release fans in front. (Plus you get a bit more for your money)

Airflow difference between the two will not be noticeable.

Will I be able to put my psu fan facing downwards in the df 85?

Of course.

IMHO the amount of airflow the case provides should make the internal facing PSU not a big deal even with Crossfire assuming your card's have decent heat sinks. :p

I dont understand how the haf x has more airflow when it has less spaces for fans

As I said before:

"Airflow difference between the two will not be noticeable."

The airflow in the cases will be very similar. The reason the HAF case as similar airflow will less fans is due to the fan size. If you take a look, the HAF case uses 200MM or 220MM fans. The DF-85 case uses 120MM or 140MM fans but more of them. Combined you are looking at very similar airflow.

Feature wise the HAF case has more 3.0 ports plus esata and firewire which the DF-85 won't have. But like i said, at that point its just user preference...

Back