Exclamation This section is being overhauled!

The voltmod section is getting a much needed overhaul, I've more or less declared myself to be in charge of it, so here we are!

If you have ideas about things you would like to see here, especially in the stickies section, please let me know. Feel free to post in this thread or to PM me, either way is fine.
    I'm open for suggestion, please be aware that while I am interested in hearing every opinion I may not do what you ask me to

An overhaul of the stickies is the first order of business, for whatever that is worth.

The Five Year Plan is to feed this section some energy and activity, it has plenty of promise to be an interesting and useful forum section and I would like to see it live up to that.
    The quota is yet to be determined.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

My vote goes to updated guides on how volt modding works and how to solder electronics; like the two the old stickies, but newer

I'd love to read that stuff to teach myself how to do volt mods.
    i7 3770K | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 | EVGA GTX780 SC ACX | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 | SeaSonic SS-1000XP

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (98-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build

That's part of the Plan!
    Once I get the stickies condensed into something more manageable (one for fans, one for soldering protips and component suppliers and tools and such, one for vmod database) I plan to update the vmod guide a bit and replace the pictures.

As much as I like doing vmods for people, teaching them to do their own is more fun
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

Premium Member #5

it will also help our benching team to push stuff farther if more than a few people have the know how.
    SSD > PCMark 05
    freeagent - Torture is watching all these 2600k's kicking my rig in the mosfets

Wow it looks alot better in that section, and no one better to do it then Ooverclockers very own volt modding guru/general electronics molester Mr Ed of the Bobnova clan
    "I just picked up some Vaseline and a big syringe. I'm thinking using the syringe will make it easier to put the Vaseline in all the little hard to reach spots. I'm hoping to get to mess with it tonight, if so I'll post some videos" Convicted1

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor
    Rock on Bobnova...I have no input really, other than a hearty thanks!

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team!
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.
    I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

7. Thanks!

Bobnova (05-08-12)

Benching Team Leader

Perhaps a huge and complete disclaimer and warning at the top!

9. Thanks!

capttripppp (05-08-12)

alot of the information in this section is useful but needs to be put in a format that is in not dependent on outside image hosting. Or needs an update in general. Condensing of some of the guides might be extremely helpful as well for beginners, with a link to the extend formats. A large over involved guide without some breaks in it will likely frighten those interested in getting started in such things.
    Get the hot dogs out, this baby's going up in Flames!!!
    Keeper Of The VaseAtone™
    Bobnova: humans need SMART functionality
    Deanzo: Matts hat is too high a res for the video feed, that is the issue

Currently Doing Stupid OC tricks with A10 5800k @ A85X chipset
    Asus M4N82 nforce980a mb, Phenom II 940 be @ 6000.1mhz (Bobnova'd) , 4gb DDR2 1066
    Gigabyte a75-ud4h , 3870k @ 6016.7mhz, 2.358vcore
    Asus MIVE, i7 2600k @ 5899.7mhz Benching Rig *RIP* Died doing what it did best
    ASUS MIVE, i7 2600k @ 5.2ghz 1.49vcore, noctua NH-D14 2000
    AMD e350 Cold Fusion - IceCream Special Ln2 Pot (the most fun you can have 130$ and ln2)

Benching Senior on Siesta
    Premium Member #8

Thanks for taking this on Ed, we have much to learn for you