• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This section is being overhauled!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobnova

The voltmod section is getting a much needed overhaul, I've more or less declared myself to be in charge of it, so here we are!

If you have ideas about things you would like to see here, especially in the stickies section, please let me know. Feel free to post in this thread or to PM me, either way is fine.
I'm open for suggestion, please be aware that while I am interested in hearing every opinion I may not do what you ask me to :D

An overhaul of the stickies is the first order of business, for whatever that is worth.

The Five Year Plan is to feed this section some energy and activity, it has plenty of promise to be an interesting and useful forum section and I would like to see it live up to that.
The quota is yet to be determined.

My vote goes to updated guides on how volt modding works and how to solder electronics; like the two the old stickies, but newer :D

I'd love to read that stuff to teach myself how to do volt mods.

That's part of the Plan!
Once I get the stickies condensed into something more manageable (one for fans, one for soldering protips and component suppliers and tools and such, one for vmod database) I plan to update the vmod guide a bit and replace the pictures.

As much as I like doing vmods for people, teaching them to do their own is more fun :rock:

it will also help our benching team to push stuff farther if more than a few people have the know how.

Wow it looks alot better in that section, and no one better to do it then Ooverclockers very own volt modding guru/general electronics molester Mr Ed of the Bobnova clan

alot of the information in this section is useful but needs to be put in a format that is in not dependent on outside image hosting. Or needs an update in general. Condensing of some of the guides might be extremely helpful as well for beginners, with a link to the extend formats. A large over involved guide without some breaks in it will likely frighten those interested in getting started in such things.

Back