• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I have space for push/pull? (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

niceguyjin

Registered
Any ideas or advice for a firsty?

Thanks!

w9HqW

Sorry about that. The attched(can you see them?) pics show the inside of my case with 2 fans below my rad, then another pic with another fan to demonstrate how far down the setup would be if I were to put 2 more fans on the rad for a push pull config. I am just wondering how much space I need to allow in front of the motherboard. The CPU sink would be clear (just)...

what size radiator is that? I know they make a 120mm fan in 20mm thickness; multiply that by 2 and you have an extra spare 10mm of space. From the picture it looks like you have room, but that is close and then you won't be able to get at your memory.

Pics are broke. Tell us what rad, case fans etc. And fix the link, we'll try.

Lots of times you just have to try it, you gotta have some old 120mm fans laying around once you have your stuff, which we have no idea what you have.

From the pics it looks like you have room. However, given the space and the tightness of the 2nd fan you're holding in the pic, your tubing might not clear it without a tight bend. This will result in pinching the tubing. You may need 45 degree angle fittings to bend away from the cpu block and get clearance without bending the tubing.

oh dear. tight room, you won't be using compression fittings there I think.. unless you use 2 45' extensions, so you can fit the tubes in lower.

meanwhile.. you CAN consider using 120mm x 12mm fans on one side of the push/pull if in the end it doesn't fit. some 12mm slim fans can still give 54 CFM, have it on the PULL side, and they will be able to help.

I've updated my sig with my rig. I guess I'll go down and get some 45s just in case.

One question on 45s (or 90s), if you don't but the rotary type, do they simply lock into place as the thread tightens on the block/rad/res/pump? So you don't have any choice on which direction they point, assuming you want to tighten them as much as possible by hand?

^^^^ yea. a little bit.

but since you never should truely COMPLETELY tighten the screws, there is some room to move around. But I do HATE it, when I feel it aint perfect.. so I always go for rotaries on 45'. but I might be too opinionated there, I know people that have rigs with no problems whatsoever without rotaries

Since the O-Ring makes the seal, not the threading, you actually have a surprising amount of leeway with the angle at which your fittings are placed.

Back