• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA GTX 670 Superclocked Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
+1 Brolloks
oc'd 570 was reaching stock 580 performance so it's only natural that the same is true for 670/680, cards should be compared stock vs stock and oc'd vs oc'd in order to see real difference

I did read the whole article, maybe i misunderstand but 670SC was turbo boosting higher because its clocked higher than regular 670, thats why it was so close to 680, but now that i think about it 570SC wasnt that close to 580 just because it was overclocked a little from factory, so yes i have to admit 670 really is something else, i do think that reference design is a bit weird, but ill be waiting for twin frozr or lightning version anyway so hopefully the cooling and power plug placement on those will be better

I'll try to clear up the clocks since the boost clocks on these new cards makes things complicated...

GPU | Base Clock | Rated Boost | Boost in Tests | Max OC'd Boost
GTX680 | 1006 | 1059 | 1084 | 1215 (or +131)
GTX670 SC | 967 | 1046 | 1175 | 1230 (or +67)

Based on manufacturer specs, the GTX680 is clocked higher in both its base clock and its boost clock. However, in my testing both cards boosted higher than spec, and the GTX670 SC boosted higher than the GTX680 overall.

Seeing how much impact clocks have on this cards, as opposed to actual cuda cores...do you guys expect the gtx660ti to perform this good? If it does it'll be aggressively priced at 300msrp...

Here's a few quick game benchmarks with the max boost of the cards as close as I could get them. Remember, this is just the max clock that the cards reached during testing, it doesn't tell how long each card was at a particular boost clock.

Also, this is using an i7 3770K @ 4.0 GHz.

Capture.PNG

Here's a few quick game benchmarks with the max boost of the cards as close as I could get them. Remember, this is just the max clock that the cards reached during testing, it doesn't tell how long each card was at a particular boost clock.

Also, this is using an i7 3770K @ 4.0 GHz.

View attachment 109879

That's close... Too close for a ~$100 difference

Bloody hell it's packs a punch for sucha pocket sized gfx card! Do the 680 blocks fit on the 670's? If they do I might have to scrap the 7970 and go with the 670 instead based on the price. Unless amd drop the price of their 7970 soon. I'm just a bit wary because of now silly small it's going to look! :p

Bloody hell it's packs a punch for sucha pocket sized gfx card! Do the 680 blocks fit on the 670's? If they do I might have to scrap the 7970 and go with the 670 instead based on the price. Unless amd drop the price of their 7970 soon. I'm just a bit wary because of now silly small it's going to look! :p

Most likely not, at least not if it is a full cover as the reference PCB is different in size

EVGA "Mini-Recall" on GTX 670 SC

EVGA has isolated this problem to an early batch of GTX 670 Superclock cards (P/N: 02G-P3-2672-KR) that were not properly screened during QA/QC procedure. We have already been working with our partners to retest this particular batch. In the meantime, our R&D has also done numerous tests, burn in and component quality verification to confirm that the EVGA GTX 670 Superclock is a well designed product.

If any of your users are experiencing issues with their EVGA GTX 670 Superclock boards, please ask them to email Jacob Freeman (jacobf at evga dot com), and he will assist in getting them setup with an RMA cross shipment along with EVGA upgrading them to the GTX 670 FTW version (P/N: 02G-P3-2685-KR) for the inconvenience of this.

Source

Not sure. EVGA didn't say exactly what's causing problems in that batch of cards.

Great support for sure. Cross ship and an upgrade :D

WOW!!!!

I have one of the GTX 670 SC's and it lives up to ALL the hype. They did have a problem with the first lot (P3), but I have a (P4) and this thing is a Rocketship. I have since bought one more and will SLI them when my new mother board gets here. "Look out GTX 690, I'm coming to get ya".

My suggestion to anyone thinking about buying one of these is, STOP THINKING and buy one. You can't go wrong and will not be disappointed.
LOOK at all tests and comparisons they have run on this Monster. What more can you ask for?

Back