• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA GTX 670 Superclocked Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Great review, Matt.

Like it said in the review, no point in really getting a 680 when you can by the 670 SC for $420, OC it a bit more and be faster than a 680. The 670 SC is right on the heels of the 680.

Great review, Matt.

Like it said in the review, no point in really getting a 680 when you can by the 670 SC for $420, OC it a bit more and be faster than a 680. The 670 SC is right on the heels of the 680.

Or spend $400 on the card, spend $20 on some good beer, and overclock it to be a 680 seeing how they are exactly the same minus a small factory overclock that any card can do.

So 670 has 8-pin + 6-pin power connectors and it comes with those power adapters. My psu has 2 x 6-pin power connectors. I thought you shouldnt power the GPU using those power adapters

Goddammit want the prices of the 7970s to drop right nowwww. Lol. I'm kinda against getting the 670 for aesthetic reasons. If I did get it I would have to wait to WC it, also it would look silly on a normal mobo in a corsair 800D. Lol.

Woow... Well, I'm receiving the Gtx 670SC by EVGA this morning (It's 2AM) but I won't open it... Will return it easily with Amazon Will get the GTX 670 by Asus finally ^^

When do you guys think that it'll be available?

I heard that the Asus is waaay better? It's not true?
I mean, I'll keep the one that performs better :)

They will be pretty similar. Both Asus and EVGA are good brands. You cant really go wrong with either. Both will have the same OC headroom, cooling etc.

Mhhh great I'll keep mine then... Waiting for the fedex driver :D

mate its up to you in the end, Both are the same card with a different label. I wouldn't worry too much.

Maybe some people will disagree? Where did you hear that Asus was so much better than EVGA

mate its up to you in the end, Both are the same card with a different label. I wouldn't worry too much.

Maybe some people will disagree? Where did you hear that Asus was so much better than EVGA

I would agree with that, as far as i know they are different in that they are made by different people so some of the bits soldered on the PCB might vary, but in that both makers are of the same standard.

And they probably all use the same component suppliers anyway, so yeah there pretty much clones of eachother.

Does the red civic perform better than a blue civic? That all it is here (assuming they both use the reference board which is the small one), a sticker is the difference, or possibly the cooler.

But none 'perform better' than the other.

So 670 has 8-pin + 6-pin power connectors and it comes with those power adapters. My psu has 2 x 6-pin power connectors. I thought you shouldnt power the GPU using those power adapters

Nah, the GTX670 uses 2x 6-pin PCIe power connectors unless you are getting a non-reference version, then they might be using different power connectors.

How do they do that? they had the GTX 680 in by the skip load (and still do) while every other was / is struggling to get them in.

Know your supplier well and pay a metric ton of money to retain all that stock. :cool:

I would like to see how the 670 at max OC do against the 680 at max OC, that will tell how close they really are, it really a comparison to say the OC 670 "nearly" beat a stock 680 is it now?

Back