Should OC forums become more like Facebook?

I was thinking Since facebook is soon to go IPO and is expected to be worth tens of billions of dollars shouldn't OC forums try to be more like facebook and cash in as well?

What kinds of social games should we put on the new site? And how about putting in timeline?

Keep drinking till this all makes sense to you then post your suggestions. Thanks.
    "Beer is how we know God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin.
    Thermaltake Tsunami case, Q6600 CPU, XFX mobo, 500GB HDD, GTX 460 video card, Corsair 520HX PSU

Fronting as a Mod Member
    Hmmm... I think OCF is a few hundred million users away from being able to "cash in" like FB is about to do.
    Daily Driver: GA-890FXA-UD5 - Ph II X6 1090T - 16GB DDR3 1333MHz - MSI R9 280X Gaming Edition/HD 5670/HD6570 - Venomous X Black + G1238B12BBZP-00 - TX850V2 - CM 690 II Advanced
    Join the "Benching Team" - We have secret sauce! - OptyTrooper: GPUs are for burning not playing games anyway
    Kona on League of Legends: This game sits about as well with me as a gallon of prune juice does, and the results are just as nasty.
    I done got Pinked...

Be sure to pre-tin everything (even soldered stuff!) with leaded solder. None of the RoHS junk. You want good old fashioned toxic heavy metals. ~ Bobnova

well, if we make ourselves to be like facebook then more people will come here, then we make lots of money in IPO!!
    "Beer is how we know God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin.
    Thermaltake Tsunami case, Q6600 CPU, XFX mobo, 500GB HDD, GTX 460 video card, Corsair 520HX PSU

I think that someone here should make an overclockers game. Make it where you select your hardware and cooling method, then see how far you can push it before it explodes in your face. I think that would be amusing. But as far as getting the "exposure" that Facebook has, it will never happen. There probably aren't even 200M custom PC builders/users in the world much less overclockers. About the only way that you could come even close is to change the site completely to a general computer forum, and even then those are a dime a dozen. That would just be horrible. Can you imagine answering questions about why old granny's keyboard quit working, only to find out she put it through the dishwasher. Or my gateway this, my dell that. I think that what we have here is a great small community of computer enthusiast's, and personally I would like to keep it that way.
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
    I7 3770K 4.8 1.42v on water D-TEK Fusion V2
    4x2GB OCZ
    EVGA GTX 770 with EK FC770 and backplate
    Antec EA750
    55" Toshiba 55WX800U LED 1080P monitor

That's a lotta beer.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

I despise Facebook and anything that is Facebook integrated which is most everything these days. I value enjoy my privacy and anonymity thank you very much.
    Antec 300 case
    OCZ ModXStream 700W PSU
    Intel i5 2500K @4.2GHZ
    Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
    Kingston Hyper-X 8GB DD3 1600mhz RAM
    MSI GTX 760 TF 1085 GPU 1500 mem
    60GB OCZ Vertex SSD, 5TB external storage

I tried to drink until that made sense, but I passed out and woke up on my roof (somehow). My wife keeps giving me dirty looks and won't speak to me. I kinda wonder what happened...
    EVGA 750i SLI FTW, Q6600 @ 3200mhz 1.325v, vdroop mod, Kingston pc8500 4gb, 2x 8800GT in SLI, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB,WD 320GB for games, Xclio 650w psu, Scythe Infinity 2X Kingwin 80cfm 120mm fans, X-fi xtreme gamer, Windows 7 Ultimate

Bill Gates over heard saying "If i had a penny for every time Windows Crashed... Oh wait, I do."

Premium Member #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
    I despise Facebook and anything that is Facebook integrated which is most everything these days. I value enjoy my privacy and anonymity thank you very much.
    +1

All facebook-related domains are blocked at the router here. Let's keep OCF, OCF.
    HTPC: Core i3 540/8GB/300GB Raptor/GTS450-1GB/W7P-64 ~|~ File Server: (Green) AMD 4850E/4GB/6TB RAID/Windows Server 2008 ~|~ Notebook/Workstation: M780 Toshiba Convertible Tablet/i7 M620/8GB/128GB Crucial M4 SSD /7200RPM 750GB/W8 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
    Drink more beer and Facebook will look like a good idea after all. You may even find yourself playing Farmville