• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore voltage jumping - ASUS M5 A88-V EVO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tech0925

Registered
I have a question. I have the AMD FX 8120 eight core CPU. I also invested in a nice 750W Corsair PSU.

My Vcore seems to idle around 0.91V if I am not doing anything and no applications are running. This also sets my speed to approx 1400MHZ. However, if I am running or doing something on the computer it will jump up around 1.32V and my speed will resume around 3100MHZ.

Is this normal? Is this some sort of power saving feature?

Ok,

I figured it out. It is the EPU power saving settings (a program that comes with the MOBO CD). Hopefully this will help someone else out in the future :)

Now sitting at a steady 1.32V :)

Also turn off Cool N Quiet, Turbo, C1E and C6. Go into Windows Control Panel Power options and select High Performance.

Also turn off Cool N Quiet, Turbo, C1E and C6. Go into Windows Control Panel Power options and select High Performance.

Thanks, not sure what C1E and C6 exactly but I went into the settings that I mentioned and turned off the power saving settings to the cpu and now everything is steady :)

C1E and C6 are advanced power states that have to do with energy conservation. I think C6 is only utilized in the FX CPUs. You may or may not have either option in your bios and unless I had access to see what you see in your bios I couldn't tell you exactly where to look.

C1E and C6 are advanced power states that have to do with energy conservation. I think C6 is only utilized in the FX CPUs. You may or may not have either option in your bios and unless I had access to see what you see in your bios I couldn't tell you exactly where to look.

Gotcha thanks! I am running the AMD FX 8120 eight core CPU :D I'll look for it..

My CPU drops down to that speed and vCore but without EPU. I do still have the BIOS settings on though. I wonder if the EPU overrides the BIOS then...

Back