• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little plastic "Holders" on keyboard. How do I remove?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkyChotik

Alright, I've wanted to paint my little wireless keyboard for a while here.
It has a VERY glossy look, it's pretty cheaply made, but it does its job.

Anyway, I want to remove the board itself from the front bezel of this board. I've gotten everything apart except from the board away from the bezel, and it has these...plastic "holders" all over it that seem melted through the board.

How would I remove these?

Edit: Most of those are on the board itself, not all the way through.
Only the bigger ones need to be removed.

Attachments

• keyboard.jpg
    keyboard.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 91
they are melted into place like a mushroom top you could just cut/grind them off as trying to re melt them would probably cause problems on other plastic parts on the board.the onlt problem with cutting them is when you want to put it back together you would have to find a way to make them join again maybe you could drill small holes in the posts that are left over after you cut the tops off and use some small screws for re mounting it.

Alright, I ended up accidentally breaking a few of them, but when re-assembling the board, they don't do anything. So the board is perfect. Now I just need to go paint it, thanks!

Back