• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will an underpowered PC affect gaming performance ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just remember that the memory bus width is not that major of a factor like it use to be. as memory advances with current GDDR5 being almost like a quad pumped speed. with 128bit width and GDDR5 in alot of cases for ATI/AMD that makes a monster card. even more so when they put GDDR5 with 256bit buss. just look carefully when you look at cards with 128bit buss, is it GDDR5 ram with it or DDR3/GDDR3 ram.

both memory width and memory speed play a role but it is also like looking at traffic in RL. you want to move more people on the road so do you increase the speed limit or expand the number of lanes. both do the same thing for moving people just which route do you think is going to be best for their gpu performance goals in its segment.

O no wonder , thats y i been thinking what the heck is CUDA. So its only in Nvidia cards. Im only a AMD Radeon card fan lol , Sapphire =)

No HD 7770 its only 128 BIT lol , but it can beat quite lot older cards due to its new Technology , well thats wat they said. Its only a 28 NM processor too i recall. Well it can beat the GTX 560 TI thats wat i saw. If possible u crossfire that baby it produce quite a sweet performance. But its the OC ver of course from Sapphire or other brands are same i guess.

1 cost around 465 here , so X2 its around 930. The performance is just slightly below a single Sapphire HD 7950 , but a 7950 cost around 1300 here. So i guess its quite worth it.

Also in certain games the Crossfire 7770 is even stronger than the single 7950.

Requires only 450 W for the single 7770. So around 550 be enough if u Crossfire i guess.

U can youtube it , look for motherboards.org

ONLY a 28nm process? 28nm is the new process, and is used, I believe, by the current "official" world's fastest single and multiple GPU graphics cards, the GTX 680 and 690 respectively. It certainly is better and more efficient than 2011's last generation 40nm process...

Well i find its ok since the HD 7770 OC is rather cheap , but its hell lot better than what i have now , 5830 Xtreme.

Because i dont know about other country , as i mentioned a 6870 costs RM 639.
560GTX TI cost like 680 - 700 + ( no matter what brands )

I check many reviews over and over again , alot ppl said the HD 7770 is weaker than this 2 actually i dont know y , because i saw on youtube reviews they mostly said its better lol. On website reviews is weaker. But hey with this big price gap im no surprise.

But its common sense everyone would want the best of course duh , if we have that money , no matter of which is better , matter of how much money u have in ur pocket =(

I find website reviews, most of them, MUCH more credible than some random yayhoo's on youtube. Seriously.

We also have a front page here and I personally reviewed the 7770. It will not beat a 560ti or 6870. The 7770 is a decent card to game at resolutions less than 1920x1080 and with lowered settings on modern games.

lol yayhoos = =

well but its least stronger than my 5830 / 6850.

Because as i said, we no longer have 6000 series. Since now 7000 series is released, thats all they bringing in now.

A 7850 will cost 700 - 800 here ! Which its totally out of my budget !

But usually i wont play games at MAX settings unless they are old games lol , even games since 2011 i guess, i never actually MAX it and with all those filter and anti liasing is it called ?

Usually i set Medium to High. Maybe a few settings HIGH and rest are Medium or Low or even OFF , specially for Shadows usually i turn them off.

Buti play all games in a 1920 X 1080 resolution since i have a 23 "

= 0 its really that bad lol ? well i do know the 5850 is stronger , shockingly 5850 seems very powerful , i should have gotten 5850 = (

I bought 5830 for 430 , 5850 he offered me for only 500 damn , back then i dont even know anything about AMD cards =(

And i almost actually ending up buying GTS 450 lol , luckily = = "

Back