• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS Maximus V GENE Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can put any sized MB in my rig and i don't want to crossfire. Is there any reason not to get this instead of its bigger and more expensive brother.

Even if you decide for SLI/CF then this board will be better than many cheaper full ATX size as it has 8+8+4 pcie , not like other 8+4+4. Just that last slot is working as pcie 2.0 but who cares ;).

I can put any sized MB in my rig and i don't want to crossfire. Is there any reason not to get this instead of its bigger and more expensive brother.

I went through the same thought process as well. Never bought a mATX motherboard but this thing is just DAMN sweet. Powerful, lots of feature, perfect for my needs and the one GTX 670 I plan to run. I'm just a gamer and do blu-ray rips...so this thing is perfect for me.

cpu level up feature does it work on non k

does the cpu level up feature work on non k processor like the i7 3770 no k, i'm planning to get this motherboard asus v gene

does the cpu level up feature work on non k processor like the i7 3770 no k, i'm planning to get this motherboard asus v gene

There really isn't any point in a nice overclocking board like this with a non-K CPU. If you are getting it for the look or if it's crazy cheap, go for it, but it won't overclock, no.

Back