• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Overclocktagon. Benchmarking Throwdowns!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I will say a few things about the competition.

1. It was a great help to my standings on the bot (went from 85 National to 60 National and 800 Worldwide to 578 Worldwide). All told I think I gained around 14-15 hardware points from benching this one chip.

2. I had fun.

3. Apparently I don't know all of the little tweaks for UCBench 2011, since I still can't touch keny's submission.

4. Froze myself trying to get better results and/or higher frequencies, and it didn't help. Apparently 60-65°F/16-18°C is not cold enough to make much difference. Eh, at least it helped to cool the room down though, as with the window shut it was getting up to 76-80°F/24-27°C ambient and making me sweat a bit.

5. Keny/Kenny is a tough competitor, even if he claims to be rusty on a particular socket type or CPU. Personal note-don't challenge or accept a challenge from Keny again, the risk of being defeated is too great.

Last edited:
Ha ha well done tech you deserved the win, and I'm pretty sure that you put the most effort in during the week to achieve the scores to win the comp. I'm just glad some points got earned for individuals and the team (which is what it's all about) as for the ucb score and tweaks I'm not sure how but I have an idea how I managed to get 97 and I will confirm this in the LBB after more testing to make sure,I am glad there was a few people actually got there sh17 together and had enough time to participate, as it makes it a lot better with a few more scores to go against (thanks guys) and I will take you down next time tech lol
No realy.....well done mate, well deserved, and roll on the next competition
Mark

Back