• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem connecting i7 3830 to board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you mean a 3930K, then all of them are connected. Methinks you are trying to put the wrong CPU in the wrong motherboard.

If your typo is 3770 (only Ivy Bridger i7) then definitely wrong mobo...

im thinking you got the cpu turned arround the wrong way.
Make sure both CPU and board are 2011 socket or it will nto work

Dear Neuromancer,
You are correct. It's 3930K with a Corsair Hydro 100 on top. There are 2 cords going in. Which plugs do they go to? Any idea?

It's a Rampage IV Extreme, Intel i7 3930K. Corsair H-100, GTX680(2), E-mu 404, etc.

Dear Neuromancer,
You are correct. It's 3930K with a Corsair Hydro 100 on top. There are 2 cords going in. Which plugs do they go to? Any idea?

OH... the cooler. The fan plugs go into teh CPU fan headers, should be labelled on the board itself. If not the motherboard manual should have a diagram in it showing connection spots in a nice diagram.

If the second cable is also a fan header see if your board supports dual cpu fans. Its a decent newer board so it might. If not it does not really matter.

If it is a 4pin USB connector like the Antec Kühler 920 uses it has to go to USB header. There are 10 point (only 9 pins though) headers located near the bottom edge of the board usually and also these are also well defined on the motherboard itself or on in your user manual.

A simple guide for hooking up 4pin USB headers to 10 pin posrts is too look at the 10 point USB header so the missing pin is 5 pins across the top and 4 pins across the bottom. with a missing pin at the bottom right. Now remember that the right 4 pins are all ground points. Looking at the cable coming off your USB device you can see 4 wires. on one side there is a black wire. That is the ground.

I can take a picture tomorrow when there is better light in here if you need an image to understand.

Here is an example with a standard 9pin USB cable.

9-Pin Card Reader.JPG

Back