• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a hardware addiction and decided to quit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
...laying my hardware on shelves/tables. I kept running out of room!

Problem solved for now:

DSC03552.jpg

DSC03556.jpg

The boards in the middle are dead actually, but I haven't brought myself to part with them yet (Lanparty DK 790FXB-M2RSH and MSI GD65). CIVE and CVF are operational on the AMD side, MVG is my only surviving Intel board hanging - the Rampage Extreme is on the workbench currently. The GPUs are a 5870 that lives, an 8400gs (I think, I just use it for 2D sometimes), and some old 8800 series (I think I am still missing one somewhere). One of the 8800's I don't know what model it is looking at it because its insulated with liquid electrical tape and I have forgotten.

But, horizontal surfaces are cleared and available to be benched or prepped on which makes them a lot more useful, and that is what counts. :)

My name is John. I also have a problem.
Not including ones that are installed in working rigs or the 3 cards that are on their way to me. (or the pending bids on ebay)
I went out this last weekend and bought a whole bunch of plastic bins. I am hoping to clear some space.

IMAG0877.jpg

Last edited:
There's no buying/selling/advertising outside the classifieds Richie. ;) You'll have access in 76 more posts.

Looks better to me! :D

EDIT:
Or is it because the mobos hanging on the wall aren't running FAH? :salute:

looks like the walls of my shop where i work.. except all our stuff is super old

Hopefully it doesn't get too hot this summer. All of your vaseline will run off.

There's no buying/selling/advertising outside the classifieds Richie. ;) You'll have access in 76 more posts.

I hope that PM was for IMOG :thup:

Looking good MAtt. Gotta say I have been tempted to to do that same although I generally dont keep stuff that long. I build shelfs and put the stuff in boxes.

Im on WAY more limited space though :) And currently largely boxless lol (post christmas self off)

Ya, I'm fortunate to have a generous amount of garage space here. I'm probably going to stop about here, maybe hang a couple more nails, but otherwise keep it limited so I sell or get rid of anything more. Inventory costs money.

I hope that PM was for IMOG :thup:

Looking good MAtt. Gotta say I have been tempted to to do that same although I generally dont keep stuff that long. I build shelfs and put the stuff in boxes.

Im on WAY more limited space though :) And currently largely boxless lol (post christmas self off)

ya that PM was for him (i was hoping he was selling a GPU but well.... not sure, Hoarders have a Hard time getting rid of things :rofl: Jk matt

That thread title has a real hook in it... I think my jaw dropped just slightly when I saw who the OP was, but before the pix loaded and I started reading :)

That thread title has a real hook in it... I think my jaw dropped just slightly when I saw who the OP was, but before the pix loaded and I started reading :)

Indeed. First time I saw the thread I was like... "WHAT THA... GLORIOUS LEADER IS QUITTING?!?! IMPOSSIBRU!!". :sly:

Then I read it, and laughed a lot. :D

Back