• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Apple Share User Limit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tweakman278

i have about 27 imacs that are supposed to be running off of a 5500/250 (as a file server). my 5500 runs os 8.0 and has apple share version 5 i think, and when i get about 10 of them logged into my file server as guest, it wont accept anymore connections- what can i do? i dont know how you regulate maximum connections. help please :)
thx.

You need to set up some users. Why not make each computer a user and then log each one on? I'm kind of rusty of AS 5, but there MIGHT be a guest login limit.

Also, you might try putting a 10/100 pci card in that 5500 to improve speed.

well, the problem is- it needs to be automatically mounted when the kids log in. First Graders can't handle typing in a password just to log in to the computer. Ii gets rather tedious. I think there is a guest logon limit, but yet the whole school can be logged in as a guest to our anat server- which i find to be interesting. somehow in the past i set it up so that it would store the password in the keychain, but now its not doing it :mad: . Also, the 5500 we're using has a good nic in it its only 10base T but so is the rest of our network :) . If you know anything about setting up a "global shared" folder i would really appreciatie it.
thx

I'm absolutely no help to you. I haven't used AS 5 in years. I use 6.2, 6.3, and OS X Server all the time, but 5 is completely different. Here's a site for Apple's mailing lists. I currently subscribe to a couple of them and they are wonderful help. Maybe you can find your answers there? Sorry I'm not much help.

http://www.lists.apple.com/

Back