• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ubuntu just trashed my setup!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Convicted1

Hey guys...

A little peeved this morning.

Went to install Ubuntu in a dual boot setup with Windows 7...

Well... It completely trashed my second of 3 harddisks. All of my Steam Games, Origin Games, Microsoft Office, E-Mails, EVERYTHING is gone now. :mad:

The way I set my PC up is this...

Disk 00 - 120GB Vertex 3 MaxIOPS for OS, Drivers, and Important System Utilities such as Antivirus.

Disk 01 - 240GB Pyro SE - Applications such as Microsoft Office, all my games, etc.

Disk 02 - 2TB WD Black - Storage and Backups.

Before installing Ubuntu I created another partition on Disk 00 of 30GB JUST for Ubuntu... But NOOOO... It didn't use that... It skipped it completely and went over the Disk 01.

When installing Ubuntu I clicked on the top option to "install alongside Windows 7" or whatever it was.

How do I install Ubuntu in a dual boot without it trying to completely take over my Second Physical HardDisk and trashing everything that'll take me a month to redownload (Much less the irreplaceables like my E-mails!)?

Any input would be great.

-David

You go to "Choose something else" or similar option, and then create the partitions manually.

Back