• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3570K at 4 Ghz and the truth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ivy there is no denying IB runs High temps and running a stock heatsink you can't overclock it like SB can.

If i were you i would sell IB and purchase SB.

Im sure we have meet some of the thousand Intel workers who are regulary posting in there in order to tell lies such as "the CPU will decrease 20-30 C on the stock cooler they delivered with". Stop sprouting nonsense else i will deliver a proof.

No, i dont do it, because it would truly drag me down to some kindergarden behaviour which is recently pretty common. All i get for proving stuff is exactly nothing but another spit.

There should be a award for someone spitting so much junk at once... i already had 130 W CPUs working fine on equal setups. Not continuing explanation because all those narrow minded people wanna hear is "big big big big".

Generally we have many people who can do nothing better than to attack me, but are incapable to write any good text. Hilarious.

About sink:
Thing is im not sure if there is a better cooler able to fit. However, as long as the cooler doesnt heat up past 35 C, there is something wrong with the dissipation, thats certain. Its usualy 20C higher, on CPUs with lesser heat. That cooler is not that worse as it seems to be, it got a copper bottom surface and the pipes seems to be made with copper with a nickel coating, many other "cheap" coolers are not using such material. Now how much material is needed depens on how many heat actually have to be transfered. In term its less then 35 C (at the pipes) a bigger cooler may not decrease issue a lot (its hard to go below ambient on air, and its only 10 C above). Its probably another spot. The HS is attached the the CPU using copper.

Stock HS of Intel is not better than that.

CPU:
Yes they are hot, thats kinda one of the bad factors.

Mount:
I dunno but doesnt seem like it. The thing with thermal paste simply is that the difference between them is pretty low. There was once a test about those and its more of a "believing" matter. Generally thermal paste is bad for heat transfer itself, but it helps to attach the 2 surfaces to each others, kind of a catalyst. The best catalyst is solder.. no doubt.

Heat spreader:
Well i kinda worry that i could damage it.

Issue is solved anyway because i run 85 C at 4 Ghz max under Prime95 at current time, i did suceed doing so by lowering TDP value. Not that i need above 4 Ghz, the CPU is to powerful for any game i ever played so far..
2vt4j6e.png.jpg

god this guy really doesnt have a clue what he is talking about. :screwy:

He is using in essence a laptop cooler and is complaining about temps! Seems like he hasn't listened to ANY advice people have been givin him argggggg

tumblr_lli53if5hv1qegu7m.gif

side note, the bottom of the intel stock heatsink is also copper.....

i7_roundup-027.jpg

Last edited:
Or purchase a board that doesn't overvolt so much for no reason. THAT is the problem here is the extr .2v his board is giving to the cpu.

lol that system is using a passive cooler it's not meant to be used for OC or maybe even intensive work. The point of using that is to have an ultra quit pc

Back