• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which SSD fits on me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IJAHman

I want to upgrade to SSD but having trouble picking which one will I benefit well. OCZ vertex 3 120gb or vertex 4 128gb?
I'm a video editor/motion gfx artist, so basically I'll do a lot of encoding, rendering and transferring large files.
I will use that SSD as my primary drive. I will install windows 7 ultimate 64bit, some important apps like Adobe Suite and some games like BF3, Dirt3 and Crysis 2.
So guys pls help me choosing the right SSD for me. thnks in advance.

ether one you have listed will be fine i was using ocz's for awile and still have one in my laptop but latly i have been buying mushkin ssd's as there fast as hell stable and cost less.

i would suggest you consider samsungs 830 line up. it is samsung based nand with a in-house built controller using a tri-core arm cpu onboard. the numbers that samsung listed for the drives just about match up to the few reviews i have seen online. they have a really good strong offering in the 830 line IMO.

i havent been around as much as i like here in the forums, from what im seeing lately from ocz on the current ssd's bothers me. maybe the fw in the current drives is going through "growing pains" but having a drive not show up in the bios when it is brand new is a big issue for me. maybe this happens to other brands with the same controller on sata2 but i havent seen any of those get posted up. as ocz is more popular to go to for ssd's these days.

I just purchased the OCZ Vertex 4 and I really like it. I think either one would be good for you though. Here's my bench scores if you care:

Sandforce SSDs are beginning to hit a wall if you ask me.

Attachments

• OCZ Vertex 4 Benchmark.JPG
    OCZ Vertex 4 Benchmark.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 46
Back