• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1866 MHz Memory posting as 1600 in Amd overdrive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The koch

System specs are in signature. Amd Overdrive posts the memory frequency as 800 MHz, but it should as 933 correct?
Where do I need to go in Bios to make it recognize this?

First build so very new to this.

Appreciate any guidance,

Mike

DRAM Configuration--> Change "Set Memory Clock" option to Manual--> Change "Memory Clock" to x9.33 (200MHz CPU Frequency / HT Ref Clock x 9.33 = DDR3-1866), or you could try enabling the DRAM E.O.C.P option on the M.I.T. page.

I tried the 9.33 x but it failed to boot? But all my components stated they can run 1866 ( not even as an O.C). I'll look into this EOCP, but whats MIT? Too many acronymns for me

If it fails to POST at DDR3-1866, then you'll probably need to bump NB voltage and / or CPU NB VID voltage. And M.I.T. stands for MB Intelligent Tweaker.

I have the same board and the same problem when I try all that it says write image to bios I will try what you said Red

tried everything the only way I can get it to work is to make the fsb like 234 but someone here told me with the fx you dont increase the fsb on the fx chip just use the multiplier

More than likely you will need to manually set the timings for the memory and maybe the voltage as well. Most motherboards don't have an Auto setting for these things for 1866 memory. 1866 is an XMP profile, "xtreme memory profile" and as such is really the overclocked mode of the memory.

I have tried all of that didnt have this problem with the same board you have Trent but this gigabyte board is giving me a headache lol

U need to post cpu-z tabs for us to really know... CPU, spd, memory,main board..? I can't remember wo looking.....I'm on my iPad atm

amd fx-8120 16gigs of ddr3-2133 timings are set at 11-11-11-31-38 mainboard is Gigabyte 970A-UD3 in the bios I have it set in profile as ddr 2000 and memory clock at 1600 if I go above that to 1866 it will not boot.I wish my ASUS board would not of went out never had this problem with it

I got it to work on mine. Updated BIOS to latest edition (F9) and just set it 9.33x.

Didn't touch the timings, but I don't quite understand what they mean. Does changing them increase performance, and what setting? But does it affect useful lifetime of memory?

I thought you and I had the same I have the ud3 maybe they will make the new bios for mine to be able to do what you were able to F5 is the latest bios for me

Yea man, I saw that our mob differ. that sucks, try out some of the advice redduc900 gave maybe.

I have tried everything I have even called them and written them with no luck when I had my ASUS board wish microcenter would not have fried it it would let me run my memory at 2133 never a problem with it till microcenter was replacing my power supply I bought from them and the guy overclocked it when testing it and over heated the board and cpu they gave me this board for messing up mine and a new cpu

Well I wrote Gigabyte they tell me it will only run 2 modules at 1866 the fx cpu so i took 2 of my memory modules out and set it to 1866 like they said and it booted I had a Asus board that would run all 4 memory modules at 2133 before I got this board as a replacement from Microcenter when they blew up my Asus board for the second time they said it was a upgrade from my M5A97 board beggining to think not

This happened to me.
I have M5A97 mobo 4170 Cpu Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2x8GB 1866 modules installed 1 per channel.Board takes up to 32gb.
If I set it to 1600Mhz at stock 4.2Ghz its fine.
If I overclock with Asus Auto Tune it gives me 4611Mhz Cpu 1446Mhz Ram best it can get stable.
Their SPD is 1333, but run at 1600 fine.But if I set them to 1866 it crashes with overclock failed.
So I guess to get them to run at 1866 you need to tweak it a lot manually?
But seriously will it make any performance difference?
I notice none between 1333 or 1600 or overclocked at 1446 no difference.
I think it means they run UP TO 1866, not @ 1866, so you have to tweak it up manually so you will only get something like 1847.
Which is a waste of time.

Back