• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About to pull the trigger on my first loop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KyoKris

Registered
Hey guys after months of reading this forum, other forums, watching youtube videos and flirting with the idea water cooling I am ready to pull the trigger and buy my parts.

I would just like any further input on my parts or loop or other ideas that I haven't thought of.

What I am running
Case: Obsidian 800d
Cpu: i7 2600k OC to 4.6 with Air cooling (plan to OC 4.9-5 with Water cooling)
Gpu: GTX 580 Direct CU II (want to kill my gpu fan noise not really OC any more than what it is.)

my idea for my loop
to run a 120.3 rad on the top of my case with 6 Scythe Gentle Typhoons in a push pull configuration, out to the Cpu, then onto the GPU, down to a 140.1 res with a fan pulling air, up to the pump, to the Res and then back to the 120.3 Rad. i plan to fill from the res and run a drain port at the bottom

I already have a Dual bay res and these are the parts I am about to buy

WC01.jpg

WC02.jpg

Looks like you've done a fair bit of research, nice looking build, and nice job.

Just a question on the pump though; why did you decide to go with the MCP35X2 rather than an MCP655B? Just noticed the price is awfully high...

Looks like you've done a fair bit of research, nice looking build, and nice job.

Just a question on the pump though; why did you decide to go with the MCP35X2 rather than an MCP655B? Just noticed the price is awfully high...

Honestly I was just going to run with a DDC pump but saw that MCP32x2 and just love the idea of having control over the flow and a back up pump if one fails lol.

you're right about it being pricey tho mate :(

mcp35x and the x2 are the best pumps currently on the market. You're definitely getting your money's worth, as they should last you for many many years.

Honestly I was just going to run with a DDC pump but saw that MCP32x2 and just love the idea of having control over the flow and a back up pump if one fails lol.

you're right about it being pricey tho mate :(

lol. fair enough. I was only curious. Make sure you post PICS!!!

lol. fair enough. I was only curious. Make sure you post PICS!!!

yea for sure mate, I will order this week and when I get back home from my holiday I am going to start putting it together :)

You forgot the 'unobtainium regulator'

All loops have it, well, the experianced guys.

Wiki it, you'll see why we all want it and get it no matter the cost. Maybe I shouldn't mention it, it will just drive up the cost.

If you can, replace the full cover with an universal block, the EK Supreme HF VGA one. That one is awesome. And you can use it for any card you want.

Buy some Enzotech heatsinks with the extra money and enjoy.

If you can, replace the full cover with an universal block, the EK Supreme HF VGA one. That one is awesome. And you can use it for any card you want.

I am about to pull the trigger on a EK water block for me 6970 that will run $117. Are these the parts you are referring to, and they work just as well?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5...C1.html?tl=c21s224b111&id=eoVYvjgG&mv_pc=4237

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...al.html?tl=c87s143b133&id=eoVYvjgG&mv_pc=3889

Yes, better performance, and they're universal, it's easier to sell a card without watercooling than with it.

BTW, you also need some for the VRMs.

EDIT: Not just "as well", they yield better GPU core temperatures last time I checked.

You forgot the 'unobtainium regulator'

All loops have it, well, the experianced guys.

Wiki it, you'll see why we all want it and get it no matter the cost. Maybe I shouldn't mention it, it will just drive up the cost.

lol

let me know where you got yours from kk :)

You should start a build log.

might do when I get back home.

cheers for the in put, I'll look into that block when I get some time, the heatsinks as well. I was just going to use the ones that came with the water block.

Last time I checked, the Supreme HF VGA did NOT include any heatsinks for RAMs or VRMs.

Enzotech's aren't strictly neccessary, any other heatsinks for VRMs and the VRAMs (Arctic, Akasa, Zalman) will do. Enzotech's are just "premium" forged copper.

Last time I checked, the Supreme HF VGA did NOT include any heatsinks for RAMs or VRMs.

Enzotech's aren't strictly neccessary, any other heatsinks for VRMs and the VRAMs (Arctic, Akasa, Zalman) will do. Enzotech's are just "premium" forged copper.

I had it confused with Thermal pads lol

I will have to look into these Heatsinks now...
this is all i can find :/

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=23308
I have no idea what thats for lol.

Make sure you clean the vregs and vrams right. Use Artic Clean, good stuff. And get Sekisui thermal tape, cheap on ebay for enough for a few GPU's.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...ekisui+tape&geo_id=9982&adgroup_id=3224755327

no worries, thats cheap enough to pick up :)

The UV white tubes should look nice, I'd like to see some pics when you get done.

I hope so. I'll probably start a build log when I get all the parts :)

Back