• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Paint mod for Logitech G500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firewall

Hey! So I decided to buy the awesome Logitech G500 because of the cool features and nice specs. The only downer part about the mouse is the looks :(
So I decided to do a little painting :)

In this tutorial I will show you my entire process.
sGJti.jpg

The materials I used are:
Small star screwdriver
Small flat screwdriver
Piece of high grit sandpaper (P180 will do)
Plastic primer
Whatever paint you want to use
New set of mouse feet (they cost 3 usd in the logitech store or something)

xGgNL.jpg
T7vBc.jpg
a9Zmd.jpg

First off I needed to isolate the grey camo painted area that I wanted to paint. This means that I had to take apart the mouse. To do this I unscrewed the 5 screws underneath the mouse feet and the logo sticker at the bottom of the mouse.
CIltc.jpg

Next I carefully lifted the top from the bottom with the flat screwdriver. There is a flat cord running from the circuit board to the thumb buttons that I was careful about not yanking on. It doesn't destroy anything if you do but it is preferred to avoid it. You can lift the small white connector to release the cord from the top part of the mouse.
OsIaH.jpg

I then unscrewed the 3 screws holding the camo part to the rest of the top and now I had the camo part isolated!
PHOGK.jpg
K5JT9.jpg

Then I started preparing for the paint. First of I sanded the plastic thoroughly. This helps the primer stick. Be very sure to properly remove all of the dust left by the sanding. You do NOT want this stuck in your paint!
o1Mgt.jpg

Next I applied 2 coats of plastic primer with 10 minuets in between each coat. Be sure to shake the can for 30 seconds or so before spraying. The final layer of primer should dry for at least 1 hour before painting on it. Be VERY sure to do this in a well ventilated area preferably using a filtered mask.
iPZIT.jpg

When drying the primer between coats and before painting on it I placed the piece of plastic in an area where I was sure no dust would land on it.
yAwGk.jpg

Finally I could start painting. I sprayed along the long axis of the plastic laying down thin layers of paint at a time. Again taking the piece inside when drying to avoid dust. The thinner the layer of paint the shorter the drying time. The paint should be dry enough for you to brush it with your finger before applying the next coat. Try to hold the can parallel to the surface you are hitting with the paint. When painting the back most part of the plastic you should tilt the spray can to match the angle. I ended up laying down 3 layers of paint.

First layer
r5pHG.jpg

Third layer
567EX.jpg

I waited 1 hour for the final layer of paint to cure before reassembling

When reassembling I first screwed the "before camo part" back to the top part of the mouse using the 3 screws.

Then I carefully opened the small white flap on the inside of the top part of the mouse on the side where the thumb buttons are. It can be flipped upwards allowing for the flat white cord from the circuit board of the bottom part of the mouse to be shoved in to the connector. The line on the end of the cord should be visible when you shut the white flap down onto the cord.

Finally I put the 2 parts back together and screwed the remaining 5 screws back into the bottom part of the mouse. I tested the functionality of the side buttons to check if the flat white cord had been connected correctly and the mouse was finished!

I then waited 24 hours before handling the painted part of the mouse to make sure i didn't mess with the paint. I also didn't put the skatez mouse feet on till the paint was dry. Just in case i wasn't happy with the result and wanted to change something.

This is the before and after:
qxdft.jpg
jDZgm.jpg
cG18E.jpg

Last edited:
I know! Especially with the black spots where your palm and fingers rest... Yuck :(

Hmmm... How many coats did you do? Can you take a different shot of it? There is alot of glare...

Hmmm... How many coats did you do? Can you take a different shot of it? There is alot of glare...

Sure, just uploaded another pic. I did 2 thin coats and a last a bit thicker coat. Sorry for the overall crappy image quality.

Last edited:
Back