• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[PROBLEM] HD4870x2 without output

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jahmal

Registered
Hi

Im new here as user, but I usually read the forum. Im looking for some orientation. MY Radeon HD4870x2 dont give any output video. The computer starts and there is no signal on the screen. I remove it from the pci-e and plug it again, but still dont start. The fan starts and there is a led blinking on top of it - D15.

HD 4870X2 LEDs

D14 (R753) 6 Pin power unplugged

D13 (R724) 8 Pin power unplugged

D15 (R819) Overheating (Thermal issue)

D5 (R323) GPU-1 (Master) No power

D7 (R570) GPU-2 (Slave) No power

It was working this morning and when I came at evening it wont start. There is no changes made during this time and the pc was unplugged from the power. There is an indication that is a overheat problem I think, but the pc is off about 12h so, cold start. Can someone help me? What should I do

Cumps

jahmal

ps: sorry about my english.

Hi Jahmal,

Welcome on the forum :)

Could you give us more information like your detailled rig (Motherboard, PSU, ...). Did you overclocked your memory or GPU? did you change the original fans of the graphic card?
Maybe a picture of your rig so that we could check for any ventilation issue? (cards too close from each other, wiring management, ...)

What standard did you use for the display? VGA? DVI? Displayport? HDMI?

Im sorry my lack of responsability in this thread. The problem persists. I think that everything is ok with the remaining hardware. I replaced my gcard with a hd4850 and this one is working fine. The issue persists.

Back