• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the best next upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IJAHman

I'm planning to upgrade my rig [sig] but dunno what should I upgrade next.
I'm going to to high , moving up to z77 chipset or x79, just wanna stay on z68 and upgrade my components.

(I'll always love to go to SLI, make my PSU fully modular, have a case that is cable management friendly but not to big, go 16gb of RAM, have a best Case Airflow, go RAID with HDD or SSD)

But i can't make it in just one instant upgrade[don't ahve much that money :p] so I'm upgrading my rig one at a time. My last upgrade was getting a SSD for my OS and now I'm planning to upgrade another component(s).
So what do you think guys would by my best upgrade?
BTW, I Vid Editor/ motion GFX, so rendering, encoding is always a task. (just to give an idea)

Thanks in advance :D

not sure things have changed but on a regualy intel based board sli wont get approved. pretty sure you going to have to get a special board if they are out there that is sli approved. i dont see anything in your rig in your sig that says, i need to be upgraded. maybe if you want a better GPU sell the 560 and get one of the 680's.

I say SSD first. Probably better to sell that card and get a GTX670 or similar if you want to upgrade rather than SLI as a secondary upgrade.

Thnks! So if I add another SSD, what would be my best pick? go for another 128 vertex 4 and RAID them or just get any kind of ssd? I think I can only gor for 120 to 128gb SSD. Can't afford bigger GB of SSD right now.

you can get a mushkin 120 GB sata 3 for like $90 right now on newegg and there just as fast as any out right now.

Back