• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with my AMD 965 BE CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToRpEdA667

Registered
Hi there dear overclockers ;) couple days ago iv been changeing round my CPU to check if another one is working and i had a bit of a incident with the thermal paste bit of it got on to the pins :bang head tryd to be gentle and took most of it off. put it back it it seems that the system is working ok run some tests temperature was a bit higher but inWprime on stock clock 32m was still rond 13.sec but when i switch on WoW for example it runs smooth few secs then it slows down and work is very uneven. Even when i drop the graphics right down.
Skyrim on the other hand works gud but another game has the same problem as WoW. i had a similar experience when i put the voltage bit to low on the CPU please HELP OVERCLOCKERS :)
:attn: :attn: :attn:

Attachments

• 11111.PNG
    11111.PNG
    415.5 KB · Views: 51
tryd to be gentle and took most of it off.= Took 'most' of it off. Is that all of it or most of it? There are pins relevant to voltage choices on the cpu in more than one location. What might happen if one of those locations is not contacting accurately? My point exactly. Possible issues and after your cpu swap, you now seem to have issues.

I would have bought a $2.00 can of carb cleaner and sprayed all the heatsink compound off the pins before inserting the cpu into the socket.

You can run memtest86+ from CD and see if that shows any errors that might be ram or the IMC in the cpu itself and you might try Prime95 blend for at least 2 hours and see if you pass or fail in testing while using HWMonitor to ensure the CPU CORE temps do not exceed 55c during the testing. Leave HWMonitor open on desktop and it will log min/max temps during the P95 blend testing.

yeah i wanted to clean it all of but didint know how can i clean the pins. propably rushed to put it back in. there was just a microscopic bit left i guess but i didint want to damage the pins and i didint know how can i clean it without damaging it. Carb clean u say ?? i know noobe:bang head bet there is some now in the socket. lol i will kill myself :bang head :attn: :attn: rund prime 95 tdy for bout 2.5h no problems really max temp 54c

as in carb cleaner u mean an airpresure cleaner ?? surely not a licuid cleaner thought u cant use them on the pins ??

I see it like everything else has gone up. This stuff 'was' so cheap at Autozone that I kept 3 o 4 cans on hand all the time. Since I no longer work for a mobo company and do not setup 7 or 8 different configurations a week and need to get the heat sink compound from the cpus...I have not used much lately. The cheap stuff was not quite as powerful as the big name products but for me a mechanic for 29 years, no problems with it or *similar* in over 14 years of dealing with computers and swapping processors pretty regular.

I have even taken a board and held it in my hand cpu side down and sprayed the cpu socket when I was doing supercold cooling and got a little plasticene in too close to the socket area. I like the stuff since it is stouter at cleaning than 97% pure alcohol and is slightly pressurized to flow grime and stuff off what it is sprayed on. I follow fairly quickly with 'canned' air or air from my automotive type air compressor.

Valucraft/13 oz. carburetor spray cleaner Price: $2.99

Note: I do not try and leave it on too long as it can remove the little white writings on the mobo IF I spray the cpu socket area. And when spraying any area of a mobo, I do not touch but air spray any residual carb cleaner off, but it dries/evaps pretty darn fast unless just really liberally sprayed on a mobo. On a cpu...well not really a problem for it to dry on its' own. End Note.

Dont kno what happen but iv noticed some games wont start because a certain dll file was missing so before taking out the CPU iv decided to put new os on it and it worked seem that my registry was getting cloged up no matter how tidy i try to keep my files and do everything more or less by the book at some point it does mess up my system. Anyone kno any good free registry cleaners ?>?

Back