• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H80 Cooler Fans Direction??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I am going to be installing this tommorow the pipes will be in a bendy way as my CPU position on my board is quite closer to the top left of the board not far off the rear exhaust and PSU.

My current set-up is a 120mm fan as an exhaust alone with the 120mm fan in the PSU above the CPU (not sure if thats pulling or pushing air out) and a 80mm side intake fan both run around 1300rpm.

Which way would be best to set the fans as an exhaust with both front and back of radiator or just 1 at the front only.

Or both as intakes or 1 would it best to play around with the format a little

Usually PSUs pull air in through the fan and exhaust through the back grill.

Where are you planning to mount the radiator?

In general, leave the case airflow the same (side/bottom/front as intake, top/back as exhaust), and mount the radiator wherever it fits.

when I was using H80, it worked better for the computer as a whole as exhaust.
otherwise you will be blowing pretty warm air into the computer, resulting with the mobo up to 10-15'C hotter on heavy loads. If you have a GPU you are trying to cool, that didn'h help.

i did an exhaust on my h60 when i had it, push/pull out the back and the temps were fantastic

when I was using H80, it worked better for the computer as a whole as exhaust.
otherwise you will be blowing pretty warm air into the computer, resulting with the mobo up to 10-15'C hotter on heavy loads. If you have a GPU you are trying to cool, that didn'h help.

+1

100% agree. There's no reason for you to draw air from outside the case and warm up everything else when you could do the exact opposite and get better temps.

Back